Shafers model car thread

-
Thanks guys! I use Testor's lacquer spray paint. It is two part, base coat, clear coat. I have some great results with it. They make a few different factory colors. A little pricey at @ $5.50 a can. I haven't buffed those out yet.

Did some more work on the 300. I finished the interior and glued the body to the chassis. Can you spot the mice nest in the engine compartment?

Attachments

• 100_1696.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_1706.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_1708.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_1707.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 236
while waiting for glue to dry on big general i assembeled ghost of general lee, cant paint it so it went together fast, It started out looking like the car Cale Yarboroh used in one episide being white and all, then looked real odd with the decals, a white general lee , kinda funky, but turn out the lights and watch what happens it is so cool. Anyone who builds this kit , do not paint it will mess up the glow
View attachment DSCF7204.jpg

View attachment DSCF7205.jpg

View attachment DSCF7206.jpg

View attachment DSCF7207.jpg

View attachment DSCF7208.JPG

View attachment DSCF7217.JPG

View attachment DSCF7218.JPG

View attachment DSCF7219.JPG

KOOL HUH?

while waiting for glue to dry on big general i assembeled ghost of general lee, cant paint it so it went together fast, It started out looking like the car Cale Yarboroh used in one episide being white and all, then looked real odd with the decals, a white general lee , kinda funky, but turn out the lights and watch what happens it is so cool. Anyone who builds this kit , do not paint it will mess up the glow
View attachment 286270

View attachment 286271

View attachment 286272

View attachment 286273

View attachment 286274

View attachment 286275

View attachment 286276

View attachment 286277

KOOL HUH?

too bad its not orange and glows. still looks cool though. what if you used a candy orange (transparent)? wounder how thatd work

I like that smooth paint on Gen Lee was that polished or did you get that straight out of a rattle can ?

I picked up the goast of the general this past summer. It's still in the box
on the shelf waiting to get built.
But then again I got a lot on the shelf waiting.
I don't know any more if I'm a model builder or collector.
I'm stuck building a Pacer Pro Street. Way to much fab work.
Here's all the Dukes so far.

Attachments

• 100_2086.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 188
too bad its not orange and glows. still looks cool though. what if you used a candy orange (transparent)? wounder how thatd work
i thought about that but instuctions says do not paint, The pix do not do justice as it is hard to take pix in the dark , it really is kool seeing the glow and the flag glows too.

gr8 hazzard scene.

The General looks nice shafer! The glowing one is cool too! I still got to build mine.

Nice collection!

i thought about that but instuctions says do not paint, The pix do not do justice as it is hard to take pix in the dark , it really is kool seeing the glow and the flag glows too.

hmmmm, i may have to pic one up just to experament

now you need boss hogs caddy and cooters tow truck

started workin on this. turning a 70 buick gsx into a 69 buick skylark gs, a replica of my cousins car, had to add the swooping body line, the body like on the upper quarters, reshape the trunk and add the raised section, and smooth out the bottom half of the doors/rockers

1231111702.jpg

1231111703.jpg

-
Back