Shafers model car thread

-
Good looking models here! What happened to the "winter time model building thread?" That rust bucket looks good! I have done simulated broken glass by making scratch marks with an Exacto knife on the windshield.

Attachments

• 100_1507.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 416
Good looking models here! What happened to the "winter time model building thread?" That rust bucket looks good! I have done simulated broken glass by making scratch marks with an Exacto knife on the windshield.
ok thanks as for the other i seen this one 1st so i posted lol

You should take that outside in natural sunlight with some similar background and take pics. It would look real.

You should take that outside in natural sunlight with some similar background and take pics. It would look real.
Yea, it definitely would help! LOL!. I took these pictures during the winter time.

Attachments

• 100_1506.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 401
  • 100_1508.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 405
I to love building Models cars...mostly MOPARS...will be taking 2 to the nats this year....if you read any model mags you may know who I am from them..they use to call me BIRDMAN...last ones i did were 4 Cudas for the coover of CAR MODELER...Ill try to post pics of the Challenger I built...but new tech is years ahead of me...lool

sorry the 1st pic was the same one as b4 here the new one

Nice work. Looks real convincing.

I am building that same kit right now. Got it painted then went to put on a clear coat and the decal side stripes and silver paint I used to the trim went to ****:sad:. Used the wrong clear. Will have to try again. But then thats why I used a Ford kit as my first car build so I would not jack up any of my Mopar ones. LOL

I am building that same kit right now. Got it painted then went to put on a clear coat and the decal side stripes and silver paint I used to the trim went to ****:sad:. Used the wrong clear. Will have to try again. But then thats why I used a Ford kit as my first car build so I would not jack up any of my Mopar ones. LOL

always paint silver after clear, it will always screw up if you paint clear over it.

Thatwhy i did a ford as my 1st junker to lol

always paint silver after clear, it will always screw up if you paint clear over it.

I don't always do that yet mine turn out okay. i use a primsacolor silver marker that is normally used just for art work and I use rustoleum clear coat and have had great results every time but I don't always do the trim and then clear, just saying I have. I clear coat over all of my decals also.

I don't always do that yet mine turn out okay. i use a primsacolor silver marker that is normally used just for art work and I use rustoleum clear coat and have had great results every time but I don't always do the trim and then clear, just saying I have. I clear coat over all of my decals also.

Ya thats what I do. Put a clear coat on to seal the decals. Never had any trouble before. The store I get it from does not have the clear I used to use so I changed brands. Looked at the can after and seen it is an acrylic and I have been using enamels. Think I just jacked up and used an acrylic clear over enamel paint. The decals did not like it either.

Dang car kit is kicking my butt. May just put it back in the box and stick with the airplane kits.

Nice to see phords rottin away. lol

Man that rusty gold is great, dge467! And great job on that frod, dart doctor!

-
Back