Shakedown of the Cuda

-

bobtile

Reaction score
I made my first pass this past Saturday with the new car. I took it easy launching and at the top end to see what I had.
I found a few things.
Passenger wheel wobbles when braking. The car has a rack in it. The rack itself needs replaced.
Also Too much RPMs at the stripe. Previous owner told me he replaced the back tires. 30x10.5s. I lifted at 7000 rpm. I found out later that he had 32's on it before. It has 456's out back. I'm thinking about going back to 32's.

Attachments

• cuda.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 475
  • Timeslip.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 460
Very nice! I hope to see time slips like that some day.

Why did you go all the way to Lebanon Valley when Island is in your backyard?
I race with Nendra. That was our final race of the season.

Hopefully I'll get my issues straightened out in a week and still get to Island before they close.

Can you get your hands on a set of 4.30's to try? Figuring someone has a gear set laying around to try out before tire purchase.

You lifted short of the stripe? Wouldn't make that conclusion from the time slip.. The car was actually a little quick in 1/4 for the 1/8 to have lifted.

nice looking car. guess u just bought it from the post. tell us about the drivetrain set up. :blob:

I was trying to put up a video but it didnt work. Ill have to try something else.
It is a pretty mild .040 over 440 with Indy heads.
727 tranny with 5500 stall converter
Narrowed Dana 4 link with 4.56 pro gears

Can you get your hands on a set of 4.30's to try? Figuring someone has a gear set laying around to try out before tire purchase.

I was thinking of that, but the problem is that although the tires only now have 3 passes on them, they are about 6 years old and are just starting to show signs of dry rot. May as well go tires first.

You lifted short of the stripe? Wouldn't make that conclusion from the time slip.. The car was actually a little quick in 1/4 for the 1/8 to have lifted.

The car should 60 @ 1.37. I hit the chip just before the stripe and lifted.

YEA! Good tires are a good thing. LMAO!

-
Back