Shaky hands and precision work/small parts

-

trebor75

Reaction score
I've always had a bit of shaky hands. My father has it too. Sometimes it makes some stuff so much harder. Like changing a pump nozzle for instance. Getting that small nozzle and gasket in place can be so hard. I rather just remove the carb so I dont drop anything down the intake. Anyone have a trick to this?

Stuff like that, and soldering or whatnot. I would think some of you might relate? I also need reading glasses when I'm doing work on the car these days. I cant read on the bloody tools if I'm not wearing them haha. Reading the small print on a Jet would be impossible without my reading glasses. I'm getting old!

I think weakening eyesight is my biggest pet peave with getting older. Reading glasses are a pain, especially when laying on your back. I think the poor eyesight also contributes to the "shakes". Could be a lot worse off but seems like extra pair of hands would come in handy.
For soldering/small plastic work I use a small weighted base that has mag glass and alligator clips.
Heres something my 94 yr old Gramma gave me. Big magnifying glass that loops around your neck with a couple spots for adjustments

20160905_132036.jpg

20160905_132052.jpg

Last edited:
I think weakening eyesight is my biggest pet peave with getting older. Reading glasses are a pain, especially when laying on your back. I think the poor eyesight also contributes to the "shakes". Could be a lot worse off but seems like extra pair of hands would come in handy.
On a lonely night a shaky hand can be your best friend. Or so I've been told.

For soldering/small plastic work I use a small weighted base that has mag glass and alligator clips.
Heres something my 94 yr old Gramma gave me. Big magnifying glass that loops around your neck with a couple spots for adjustments

View attachment 1714965398

View attachment 1714965399

I have that same thing for soldering, it's like an extra little helper. I also have a magnifying glass around. That's a nice oldschool tool you got from your gramma. Yes the glasses can be a hassle when you work under the car and in tight spaces. If you sweat they fog up.

Arthur in both hands. Just had surgery on my right hand to correct bone on bone on the thumb. Left hand is next but the right hand has to heal first, The Arthur in my right forefinger can't be corrected. Don't know how you really depend on your hand until you can't use them.

Kind off of topic...but funny nonetheless

My wife was telling me she had a Starbucks Coffee a while ago and whoever ordered it for her had added a few shots so her hands were shaking from the caffeine a bit...then she got a patient with a laceration on his face that she needed to suture up
She said the look on her nurses face was priceless, as she started to stitch this kid up with her shaking hands

-
Back