Share your opinion or stories!!!

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
:burnout:I am writing this paper about mopar owners for English. i have tons of academic things im siting but I want to use quotes from my fabo family also. so here is my theses how do you feel about these topics. Tell me why you guys like these things? lol like I don't know but I want to quote some of you

People that own classic Mopars ( Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler) cars have a collective set of psychological needs. They share the need to build or tinker, fix things that are not broken, hear the sound of motor starting for its first time, smell burning tire rubber, remember a time life was simpler, group together to share and admire each others work and stand on their own away from the rest of the classic car world.

I like the Mopar realm because they are the true pioneers of horsepower , combined with style , class , and sophistication . No other auto manufacturer has ever gone to the lenghths Chrysler has to achieve total all out satisfaction to those loyal to the brand . did General Motors ever have anything as outlandish as the Daytona or Superbird ? How about : mod tops , Hemispherical combustion , or Panther Pink ? No , if Ford and Gm had imitated Chrysler back then , many of us may not be the Mopar purists that we are today . In 25 years , there has never been anything but a Mopar allowed in my stable , and looking forward to another 25 years with the same rule !

:cheers:
I like the Mopar realm because they are the true pioneers of horsepower , combined with style , class , and sophistication . No other auto manufacturer has ever gone to the lenghths Chrysler has to achieve total all out satisfaction to those loyal to the brand . did General Motors ever have anything as outlandish as the Daytona or Superbird ? How about : mod tops , Hemispherical combustion , or Panther Pink ? No , if Ford and Gm had imitated Chrysler back then , many of us may not be the Mopar purists that we are today . In 25 years , there has never been anything but a Mopar allowed in my stable , and looking forward to another 25 years with the same rule !

Awesome reply thanks!!!

I hear people say that Mopar guys are different! Yes we are because we are able to go to a car show and watch the chevy guys look down their nose at us all the while knowing that we drive cars that are every bit as good as theirs even though there is no bowtie on them. We like cars that stand out in a crowd! Our cars are loud and proud just like the guy or girl driving them. I am a mopar guy through and through and will remain a mopar guy as long as I breath. Instead of trying to make jokes about us try getting to know us. Breakdown on the side of the road and we will be the first people to stop and try to help because that is how we are wired.

right on this is just the stuff I was looking for!!! just remember to all who post I will quote you lol so by posting you are giving me permission

I was always a Mopar fan . Since the age of 8 when my dad brought home a 58 D-500. Chrysler Corperation has always been on the cuting edge of technology. Research the history, not only engines but designs and technology and see how many first Mopar is credited with. Mopars are spendy to build, they didn't produce a ton of after market parts and OEM is getting very hard to find. Many people don't know but back in the 60's
mopar had a zero talerance on their engines meaning specs had to be dead on, no room for slop as in GM. I like the mistque of Mopar, I like being the other person and lets face it Mopar dominates racing. Do they get beat ... sure but you get the right combo and get it dialed in and
NOTHING BEATS A MOPAR.

My father, born in the 50's and a teenager in the 70's, was always a hardcore Mopar fan; his family always used Chevy or GM machines for farm vehicles, excluding the tractors. He had a few GMs back in the day; El Camino, Nova, Catalina, C20, etc, but he mostly used them for transportation; his heart melted for Mopar...

As long as I can remember, he was forever buying junk Mopars; He had a Duster or two, Imperial, Newport, Cordoba, Fury, Scamp, Valiant, and his pride and joy; the 1970 Roadrunner.

It was from him that I inherited his blue eyes, his love for tinkering, his perfectionistic ways, his love for Mopars as play cars, and his love for flying... When he died, I inherited the '70 Roadrunner.

Once I got to the (legal) age of driving and car ownership, my first was a '93 Dakota. I HAD to have a Mopar! After that was an '83 Omni, a '94 Laser, an '80 Omni, a '90 Shadow, and most recently, a '76 Duster.

I never touched the Roadrunner, because she needs much more work than my current skill level, or at least that's my excuse for not ripping into it just yet. Still, that has not stopped me from developing a game plan... B7 Blue, black details, black interior. Already has the 440 Supercommando swapped (original 383 was f'd, so Dad said "Why not 440 it!? :D), 6-pack carb, Air-Grabber(tm) scoop, Keystone Klassics with fatties in the back, etc...

The Duster is mostly practice for the Roadrunner, but it doesn't mean it's not some sort of special project; it's my first Mopar muscle car, and I absolutely cannot WAIT to slap some mud on the Duster! :D

- CK

Yeah, Mopar people are different - and that's a GOOD thing. I've found we're much more loyal than the bowtie or blue-oval crowd. I've always been one to want something a little bit different - not the "bellybutton" Chevy or Ford that all of my high school friends had.
My first car love was Oldsmobiles since my family was an Olds family. I loved the marketing GM did with the Hurst Olds and "Dr. Oldsmobile" back in the late '60s. But my love changed when I had the opportunity to get a great deal on my first Mopar: a very slightly used '69 Dart 340 Swinger. The Mopar bug bit and I've been infected ever since.
The styling, the engines and transmissions, the paint colors, the innovation...and the performance can't be matched by the other classic American marques. I learned very early on that real racecars don't wear "bowties".

For me it's the sound, picture it, it's 12 midnight and you're sitting on the curb sucking on a beer at the end of main street which in a town of 3000 is about 6 blocks long. It's dead nuts quiet except for odd june bugs smacking into one of the few streetlights. Off in the distance you can hear this rattley high pitch gurgling coming to town and across the train tracks appears this 66 ish Mustang with cherry bombs. He proceeds to turn down main street and lights up one tire heading for the bar 4 blocks down. The POS Mustang no sooner came off the gas and I heard the tell tale high voltage whine of a gear reduction starter struggling dam hard to get something big and ugly started and about 5 seconds later suceeded followed by the lumpyest deep idling rumble which in those days you only ever heard coming from a BB Dodge/Plymouth. Out from amongth the shadows of the farm equipment where he was hiding rumbles this 66-67 Plymouth Fury (they called them interceptors) with in those days only one cherry on top. About the same time that cherry came on he punched her and you'd swear to god the world was coming to an end. That 440 both howled and screamed as it hit 6000 RPM (the speed shop next town down souped the bejesus out of that thing) and near tore the tires off that 4000 pound car. Needless to say he had that Mustang just after they parked it but before they got to the front door and with the tires still smoking handed them wannabees a hand full of tickets.
Few years later got into Mopars, that was 40 some years ago.

It was a good night.

wow wish I could use them all!!! heck I like to keep this going even after im done!! love all your stories and will be saving each one!!!! ill post my own later to thanks again!!!

-
Back