Sheet Metal for 1966 Plymouth Valiant 100

-

Slugger8985

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find sheet metal for a 1966 Plymouth Valiant 100? I've been perusing the internet for a few days now and I really can't find anything other than front and rear pans. Thanks!

Brad

Does anyone know where I can find sheet metal for a 1966 Plymouth Valiant 100? I've been perusing the internet for a few days now and I really can't find anything other than front and rear pans. Thanks!

Brad
Not much made other than some patch panels. What are you needing? Sherman or Goodmark are a couple of the brand names

If you are looking for used parts just start a parts wanted ad here.

Not much made other than some patch panels. What are you needing? Sherman or Goodmark are a couple of the brand names
Honestly until I actually get to see it again (for the first time in 8 years almost) I won't know for sure, but from what I remember it needed both front fenders (a little rust and blistering in the upper fender) and possibly some rocker panels. Is there any other fix than to straight replace them?

Honestly until I actually get to see it again (for the first time in 8 years almost) I won't know for sure, but from what I remember it needed both front fenders (a little rust and blistering in the upper fender) and possibly some rocker panels. Is there any other fix than to straight replace them?
It depends on how bad they are those pieces aren't available for replacement something you're going to have to find used or rebuild the pieces you have with new sheet metal

It depends on how bad they are those pieces aren't available for replacement something you're going to have to find used or rebuild the pieces you have with new sheet metal
I'm not sure if this is a common problem with these cars or if it's unique to my specific car, but halfway down the fender on the top next to the fender/hood gap there was a small patch (about the size of a half dollar) that almost looks like water had collected there? It's hard for me to explain from memory but I was told that the best thing to do would be to replace the fenders. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if this is a common problem with these cars or if it's unique to my specific car, but halfway down the fender on the top next to the fender/hood gap there was a small patch (about the size of a half dollar) that almost looks like water had collected there? It's hard for me to explain from memory but I was told that the best thing to do would be to replace the fenders. Any thoughts?
Small holes can be patched. I would suggest you get the car and check out the damage before you pull the trigger on repair parts. Pieces are around. If you don't have the tools in the know how to do the repairs then you'll have to find someone that does body and Sheet Metal work that can get it done for you.

Small holes can be patched. I would suggest you get the car and check out the damage before you pull the trigger on repair parts. Pieces are around. If you don't have the tools in the know how to do the repairs then you'll have to find someone that does body and Sheet Metal work that can get it done for you.
That's what I was kind of thinking. I haven't seen it in a few years so I really can't say exactly how bad it is, but if it is that small then I will definitely try and do it myself

That's what I was kind of thinking. I haven't seen it in a few years so I really can't say exactly how bad it is, but if it is that small then I will definitely try and do it myself
I have been active duty for a few years and have been all over while the poor car has had to sit in a barn in the meantime. I just got out and have got the family settled outside of OKC, so Dec 1st I will be making a trip up with a trailer to get it and bring it back down. I am more than excited to just see it finally. All the resto vets on here have got me more than pumped up to get started on it finally

-
Back