Sheetmetal From JCWhitney? Quarters Panels?

-
I ordered a fender for my old Ranger. They had to send three before one showed up that was acceptable.

All were shipped with FedEx ground and every one showed up dented/messed up.

Inspect it really close upon arrival.

Most of the 1/4's are from the same plants.

I got my Duster quarters from JC Whitney. I had only minor problems putting them on and getting them lined up. I believe the lip around the wheel well was just a little off but I was able to easily float out the imperfect fit. Most people probably wouldn't have even noticed.

I also have read about all the molds being the same from the different company's but the only pieces I have bought have been the ones from JC Whitney.

Dunno. I always took for granted they were all stamped in the same place (Mexico) until recently. Reason being...
I have repop qrtrs from YearOne clamped on my 67 notchback(in waiting) and they fit perfectly ! Another member here showed pics in his restoration thread where his qrtr skins were waaaaay off in the wheel well radius form, etc...
I dont recall if or where he mentioned sourcing his panels.

I thought Goodmark was offshore,like as in Taiwan?

Hmmm they show the same part # for my '74 as they do for my Dads '68 Dart... Part # ZX786062AFE ... Hmmmm.... If they are not generic quarter panels (one size fits all) I think after the Holidays I may jump for them and see what happens. What do you guys think?

Goodmark has a few panels they make in house such as some e-body stuff,the majority is Taiwan stuff.I did some research when I bought my duster skins and all of those are made in Taiwan-although with the prices goodmark wanted you would think they made them,I think the rest is luck.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack, but what is a good place for quarter panels then? As far as price AND quality?

-
Back