shift kit/kickdown lever

-

whitey

Reaction score
I just put a TF-2 kit in my 727, there is 2.9 lever in it, I have a 904 with a 3.2 lever. which lever would be better and what is the effect of putting in a higher ratio lever with this kit?

Hi Whitey,

The higher the lever ratio the quicker the 2nd gear band will come on. But also keep in mind it will be slower to release than the numerically lower lever. We use the 3.8 and 4.2 levers.

HTH's :salut:

Thanks Duster....
yea..understand it better. I'm having a little trouble removing the plug in the case so I can swap out the KD lever, I snapped my 1/4" extension inside it. I tryed heating around the plug for 'bout a minute then trying again and now the plug is rounded. :roll: Would it make a big difference going from 2.9 to 3.2?

whitey said:
Thanks Duster....
yea..understand it better. I'm having a little trouble removing the plug in the case so I can swap out the KD lever, I snapped my 1/4" extension inside it. I tryed heating around the plug for 'bout a minute then trying again and now the plug is rounded. :roll: Would it make a big difference going from 2.9 to 3.2?

Heat the plug more, and try a good (not worn) 1/4" extension, it'll break free eventually, unless its really stripped out. You can even try an impact driver to help bust it loose.

You probably wouldn't even notice the lever swap, but I'd still try and replace the plug at least. It'll make it easier for the next guy (which could be you again). :wink: :thumleft:

Thanks Duster...just got the message, I can't get an extension on it, the square indentation for the extension is distorted, I'm probably going to take it to SOMEONE???? to get that plug removed, lever swapped, and the bands adjusted properly. :roll: :|

-
Back