Shift shaft seal

-

Tmac85

Reaction score
I replaced my shift shaft seal. Was a pain getting it in. The metal casing got a little deformed. My question is will it be ok. Or should I try again with a new one? Here is a picture for reference. Let me know thanks!

image.jpeg

Any tips? I tried c-clamp and socket, I tried bolt with washers. No room to tap it in. Last option is pulling the tranny which I reallllllly don't want to do.

I use a bolt, thick washer and socket. Has to be straight when you start. I'm not a purist and also have no problem using a hole saw on the hump for top access. Make a cover for future use.

Gonna order 3 more, if the bolt doesn't work for two of them, that access hole will be plan B. Thanks for the tip.

It almost looks like it's just a little deep. I suppose you tried pushing that out-of-place lip back into it's proper location?
I think I could find a tool in my box to sneak around the rubber,avoid the spring, and just push the metal body up a tad. I think I could modify a brad-puller to do that. That's a carpenter's mini nail-puller.

-
Back