"shifter for auto console"

-

socaldart

Inland Mopars Car Club
Reaction score
hey guys and girls
was wondering what shifter you use in your floor console. Mopar or aftermarket what fits. thanks

socaldart,

I had a '70 Challenger Slapstik Shifter in my '74 Duster (with a '69 Barracuda Center Console).

Also used all the Challenger Linkages and Bellcrank, fit perfectly in my Duster and matched up with the console (after I removed the top/indicator plate from the shifter) almost like it was designed to work in an A-Body

I put a hurst pro-matic 2 in my wifes duster using the factory console. It looks fairly factory except for the T handle and line lok button.

Following tony's example, here's a shot of the console/shifter in my '74 Duster.

S5000468-1.jpg

hybrid. Original shifter with BMW knob. The button pulls the stem up instead of push down. Homemade gate required too so geting slap stick operation was fairly simple.

Attachments

• my interior.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 276
I have the correct shifter for an A-Body auto console PM me if you are still looking for one

Currently the stock one that looks like Tony's but will be removing the console and putting in the Hurst V-matic 2 in the future.

3838520.jpg

-
Back