Shifter linkages. Does this look right?

-

sbh126

Reaction score
I'm trying to install my hurst shifter and linkages on my 440 4 speed duster. My shifter linkages seem to be to low and are hitting the trans cross member. I have schumaker motor mounts that move the block forward about an inch. Can someone tell me if the shifter mounting bracket holes seem to be in the right location? They seem a little to far forward.

Here's a close up.
DSC01300.jpg

Here's a pic of how far forward the engine is sitting.
DSC01298.jpg

And a picture of the mounts
DSC01224.jpg

The pics do not provide much info. You should have a plate that bolts to the 3 holes on the trans then the shifter mechanism bolts to that.

Take a picture of mechanism and rods. The would be a big help.

First I'm hearing about the engine being moved forward on them... Are you certain the mount brackets are on the correct sides?

The pics do not provide much info. You should have a plate that bolts to the 3 holes on the trans then the shifter mechanism bolts to that.

Take a picture of mechanism and rods. The would be a big help.

The shifter mount bracket I have isn't an a body one and wont fit quite right. I ordered the correct one last night. As soon as I get it I'll take a picture.

You called it Moper. The instructions say to have the most offset side to the front of the vehicle. but didn't explain if it was talking about the top or bottom of the mount. This should solve alot of problems.

-
Back