Shifter me timbers Billy!!Pistol Grip!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I installed the pistol grip shifter I bought from member(Grinder)back when he was living out of his car!Looks good,had to modify a little bit(drill a second hole)other than that,she,s cherry!

car 003.jpg

car 005.jpg

Shifter looks sweet..I have alot of fond memories of yankin' on one of them, my buddy, Rich, bought a '71 Cuda 440, 4 speed back in '73 and since he liked drinkin' more then drivin' I drove it along with a list of others who did nothing more then send it to an early grave. I saw the car in the 90's still sittin in the same place it died sometime in '74 or '75...Rich was long gone and whoever had posession of the car at that point was not willing to let it go. I checked on it last year though and it's gone now. I'm willing to bet when BJ started on TV this person started thinking about what was sitting there. 440, 4 speed, shaker hood...sittin since 75, rotted to hell, not sure if it's the original motor but should still be worth, oh I don't know, maybe,
$ 25,000 as is....sure why not if you restored it it may be worth $ ????..

Sorry for the rant, nice shifter....

Took the car for a spin,shifter feels great in hand.Takes a bit of getting used to,but shiftings tight!:burnout::burnout:

Shes a beaut! You guys dont even know how pretty those grips are up close in the light. High quality wood,and hand carved then candied... hey pettyblu want to sell it back to me?:p

Shes a beaut! You guys dont even know how pretty those grips are up close in the light. High quality wood,and hand carved then candied... hey pettyblu want to sell it back to me?:p
You know what that shifters worth?Now that it,s in a 340,4 speed A-body?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$LOL!:laughing:

those 71-up Bbody (without console) shifters look so much nicer than the E body shifters some people use. They look like they were made for A bodies.

those 71-up Bbody (without console) shifters look so much nicer than the E body shifters some people use. They look like they were made for A bodies.
Yes,it fits in like a glove!Feels so much better than the T handle,and looks cool too!

Very Nice. Looks Like I'll Be Getting One Of Those Soon.
I seen them at Moparfest last year,but they were plastic.Will you be staying at the same HoJo,s this year?I was in the same one as you last year,didn,t get time to meet you,I was wooped from sun and beers!LOL!

Bang second gear for me today pettybludart :blob6: Looking gooood bro.
I,d love to Memike,gotta get my elec.ignition hooked up in the 66,priorities first!I want this car running and exhaust done by the weekend.It,s back to work Monday!

get the dart going bud, I will be waiting for a ride.

-
Back