Shifter placement

-

74Scamp

Reaction score
Im changing my factory console shifter to a floor shifter (V8 904 going in). Where have you guys placed the floor shifter at? Is there a specific place or is there some give? I’m putting my interior back in but before I put the insulation down I wanted to drill the holes and what not prior. Here’s a pic of the shifter I’m using.

13FD3B87-376A-4109-9B3A-A0CE3B958910.jpeg

sit in the seat and see where it feels good. keep in mind too far forward your might slam your hand into the dash.

And too far back puts an uncomfortable twist in your wrist, and slamming into low takes on new meaning.
Make sure your seat is in it's final location and adjusted to where you can comfortably work the steering wheel. Don't forget to leave room for your oh-chit handle, cuz you don't want to be hanging on to the shifter when the back-end gets sideways in mid corner.

That’s what I thought. I thought maybe it needed to be specific for the trans linkage and cable but if not then I’ll adjust for comfortability. Thanks guys!

if it were a factory shifter with linkage it would need to go in one place. cable shifters are much easier. just make sure the cable is long enough too

The factory console shifter is a linkage but this floor shifter should be cable (unless I’m mistaken). I’m gonna be learning as I go along with this. Everything is pretty much new to me with all the changes I’m doing.

-
Back