Shifter position adjust for Gunslinger PG?

-

pgkeating

Reaction score
Guys,

New to the board. I have a GTS w/ 4 spd. I replaced the stock shift w/ a Pistol Grip. The Gunslinger shifter is hitting the dash in R->1st/3rd.

Is there a way to adjust the position of the shifter w/o me needing to egg out one of the shifter mount holes or mess with gate adjustments?

Thanks,

Pete

maybee shorter levers on the trans would help out. :dontknow:

Agreed, if such levers are available. Is the shifter handle mean't for his specific model and equipment? If it is, then maybe it takes a different shifter frame and/or installation kit (mounting brackets, rods and arms, and related hardware) than what is currently in the car. One could always mount the pistol grip on a Super Shifter to get a shorter throw from gear to gear, and most likely open up a whole other can of installation worms. Very satisfying to use once it's in, though. Perhaps if the answer to my first question is no, then the solution is as simple as trading out this pistol grip for one that better fits this particular car. Seems every Mopar parts vender out there right now is offering about four different pistol grip handles for 833 four speeds.

-
Back