shifter

-
I don't think you'll find much with the usual reverse lockouts and such, BUT there is an aftermarket made by B&M called a "Unimatic"..........it's NOT a complicated lockout or lever protected unit, instead it works similar to the factory shifter, and would mate up easily to the factory console, and it works by cable too (from the rear, also nicely compatible with your console...but again, there is NO lockout....works just like a column shift, but on the floor)....mounts very low to the tunnel too, under the console...............

BUT, you're probably looking for a higher performance unit.........This you'll have to dig for, or maybe someone else can chime in here..............:read2:

I had a manual valve body in a 73 340 duster using the stock shifter

i have two(one tall one short) orig Mopar(slapstick-round top)dual gate style that came from console cars if yr not familar w/ these postive locks(gates)btween gears and NO possibility of nutral Or rev unless you push button and WANT to go therer have complte prndl plate

any aftermarket shifters that work in an a body with console?
What are you wanting, automatic ? manual ? performance type ?
or just something that looks different from stock ?

Now THAT is a great link...........

This plate looks like it would solve a lot of problems with the old school shifters, save a LOT of consoles from destruction, and save a TON of cash for A-Body enthusiasts.

Great link. :cheers:

-
Back