Shiftercable and bracket ideas ?

-

1994rm250

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a 440 duster with a 727 in its got a b&m mega floor shifter in it i got a 4ft cable for it any ideas on a bracket and how i should loop my cable b/c its a little too long still ? also PICTURES would be Greatly helpfull -- thankyou angelo:cheers:

ohh my trans is fully built so im gonna have no kick down and i got a manual vavle body in it ..just need idea's on just the shifter cable only Thank guys =)

The way we always run a shifter cable was, thru the top of the tunnel, around the right side and under the bellhousing in front of the pan, then back to the brackets, on the left side. 6ft is the length I've generally used, if I remember, right. Seems like 4ft'd be too short for, the way we run'em.

Here's how I ran mine. 5' cable through the tunnel, up and over the bellhoushing and around top back. Hooked it up to a custom crank assembly to keep everything away from the headers. (The header is dropped for the picture) Same setup, manual VB, no kickdown linkage. Works great.

Bell cranw with cable_600.jpg

Here's how I ran mine. 5' cable through the tunnel, up and over the bellhoushing and around top back. Hooked it up to a custom crank assembly to keep everything away from the headers. (The header is dropped for the picture) Same setup, manual VB, no kickdown linkage. Works great.

That's a neat piece! :thumblef:

The trans is a 727 with the B&M Megashifter, and yes it does matter on the pus vs. pull. Addressing the linkage from the back reverses the pattern of the shifter. I made a bell crank to reverse the direction of motion to allow the cable to be mounted from the back. If you look close you can see the crank lever up on top. I had a good time making the assembly and it has worked flawlessly.

Any body know the shift pattern on the 727 ? i have no clue wich way 1st 2nd net ect ? wich way the linkage slides on the trans ? any clue ???????

Any body know the shift pattern on the 727 ? i have no clue wich way 1st 2nd net ect ? wich way the linkage slides on the trans ? any clue ???????

First is all the way forward, then work back through your pattern.

Just installed my first one today; Quarter stick 5'. To the front of the tunnel, to the left, clear the header, and into the bracket, from the front. That clip is a ****. 2 hours.

Any extra length cable (From the shifter of course) should be held back and away from heat with a thick zip tie. The zip tie will not hamper shifting unless the cable is server in it's bend.

i drove my car how come ? it shifts real quick 1 2nd and goes rite into 3rd ? how do i fix this ? with out useing a kickdown and not changeing my vavle body ... ? thankyou - angelo

you must not have a manual valve body then. if your putting the shifter in drive and it shifts itself , you have a standard vb. if so youve got to hook up the throttle pressure rod or cable (kickdown linkage) or you will burn up the clutches from not having adequate fluid pressure.

soo i need a kick down linkage if i dont use my manual vavle body is wat you are saying , is it hard to change ? from a automatic to a manual VB ? do i need anyother parts besides a trans gasket an th man VB ? ?

Adjust the amount of tension the lever see's. More will shift later.

I am Just Going to put my manual vavle body in today so i dont need any kkickdown linkage or anything , ANY TIPS OR POINTERS I SHOULD NEED TO KNOW ? and do i need anything else beside my MVB and a pan gasket and filter ?

-
Back