Shifting a pistol grip 4 speed, short video

-
Im more concerned with the socks and sandles then the white legs. LOL for what its worth my legs would be just as white if you could see them under all the hair.

That shifter looks great in there !

Lol Adam.....Yeah me g/f asked me why I wear socks with sandles, never had an answer for her. I would have to say the pistol grip is one of the best additions I have done to the Dart.

Thanks cudaspaz.......I am glad I went with the e-body shifter over the b-body one. Shorter and just has a good feel to it when shifting.

I had an E body pistol grip in my old 70 340 Duster for a while. Found it hard to reach (long legs) Anyone tried a 71 B body pistol grip in an A body. I hear they are a good fit

I had an E body pistol grip in my old 70 340 Duster for a while. Found it hard to reach (long legs) Anyone tried a 71 B body pistol grip in an A body. I hear they are a good fit

That's what I run in mine, very sweet and knuckles don't hit the dash.

I tried a B Body and it is way to big. I tried to put it in reverse and it hit the steering wheel. I have an E Body and love it.

I tried a B Body and it is way to big. I tried to put it in reverse and it hit the steering wheel. I have an E Body and love it.

That is what I kind of thought too, plus I am not real big on long shifters, that is why I went with the e-body one. I did have ot add about 2 inches to it plus bend it back a little to fit the way I wanted it.

Yeah and that helps this old man out too....lol

Nice looking install :thumleft:and a great shifting job too :supz:
old man.:toothy2:
You can really appreciate the best shifter I think there ever was.:cheers:

That sure is no mickey mouse long gated cheep one.

Cool :rock:I forgot all about you putting it in your dart.:shock: :thumleft:

That is what I kind of thought too, plus I am not real big on long shifters, that is why I went with the e-body one. I did have ot add about 2 inches to it plus bend it back a little to fit the way I wanted it.

So it wasn't just me thinking it didn't fit quite right:-k

Thanks memike. I tell people when I get to where I can't shift a 4 speed then there is no more point in living. lol

68 Sedan: Yeah i had to do a little mod on it to work the way I wanted it... with out the additon I had to reach a little for 3rd gear. And I am very happy with the way it shifts and feels

-
Back