shipping a front seat

-

modracerx

Reaction score
anyone have any help on shipping a spilt front bench seat ? have people that want it but want me to do all the work to ship it which is ok ....but where do you start ?

If you & buyer are near Greyhound bus stations that is the cheapest way to ship. Check their size & weight limits, you might need to take the seat backs off.
The cost of packing & shipping might be the same as the cost of the seat itself so make sure the buyer is willing to cover it all.
A good source for cardboard boxes is a furniture store and I like the boxes bicycles come in so a bike shop or sporting goods store might also have a good box.
Yes it can be a bit of effort just use a lot of tape.
This might not seem lucrative but it is an important service that helps others keep & enjoy their A-body.

I shipped two buckets before. Was enough for me to never want to do that again. Ton O fun. Make sure you get a quote up front and get the money from them. Though most of the time telling them the price is enough to make them not want it any more.

If they strap the seat to the roof of the bus, they can take a few more passengers....

shrink wrap it to a pallet and sending out via any one of the hundreds of trucking companies around.

Work with the potential buyer. If the foam and vinyl covers are bad, no sense shipping those and stripping those would remove a lot of weight and bulk.

-
Back