Shipping an Engine

-
You can look at Engine Shipping | Transmisson Shipping and more. or uship.com. I used uship once but not engineshipping...buyer beware, I have used Fedex Freight. God help you if you get a quote and the actual crate is larger or heavier than anticipated (which it wasn't). I got a bill for $1700 for shipping an engine and the original quote was $700. After fighting and dealing with the collector for a year I paid them $700.

Agreeing with 1MeanA.... uShip is good. Independent transporters bid for your shipment. I was looking to have a small block and transmission shipped from So Cal to Nor Cal. Bids started coming in at $850, then one came in at $350, so I accepted it. I've used them in the past to transport cars and motorcycles. Zero problems.

You can look at Engine Shipping | Transmisson Shipping and more. or uship.com. I used uship once but not engineshipping...buyer beware, I have used Fedex Freight. God help you if you get a quote and the actual crate is larger or heavier than anticipated (which it wasn't). I got a bill for $1700 for shipping an engine and the original quote was $700. After fighting and dealing with the collector for a year I paid them $700.
This the reason why you get a quote number as I was told by Yellow Freight once you have one there’s no additional cost that can be added or argued about I’m all done here children best of luck.

I have a buyer for a 340 engine I have. Anyone with experience doing this. I have a pallet to strap it to. LTL FedEx on my acct quoted $650. Houston to Minnesota. Sounds high to me. Any advice?
Thanks FABO
Eric Weingartner is a head porter and engine builder. He has a Youtube about FedEx shipping and receiving new heads that are damaged. Shipped to him in cardboard boxing with cardboard and bubble pack. Box badly damaged, only 1 of 2 heads got to him.
Box it on a pallet, well supported and straped down or bolted. A sturdy wood box screwed together to completely enclose.
On Eric's site, a commenter repirted a FedEx driver tossed a package 8 feet towards his door and jumped into the truck and took off. Might just push an engine off the back and run. Good help is almost impossible to get these days.

I have a buyer for a 340 engine I have. Anyone with experience doing this. I have a pallet to strap it to. LTL FedEx on my acct quoted $650. Houston to Minnesota. Sounds high to me. Any advice?
Thanks FABO
Hi. As mentioned in several threads. I have used Fastenal shipping. Had a 340 motor shipped from Florida to Pennsylvania for $275.00. That was about 1 month before gas prices went out of hand. You have to drop it off at Fastenal and the engine picked up at the final destination. They do not pick up or deliver.

-
Back