shipping nightmare.....again....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
ripped open the sump cover on my bike....part is a whole $18. ordered it online on a Saturday night. web site only offered UPS shipping. Called them the following Monday to verify that it was indeed being shipped UPS....now that the temperature has dropped I am getting the itch to ride....2 weeks later and no part....4 attempted phone calls, no voice mail nor answer. few emails later finally reply to me...part was just returned to them by the USPS, undeliverable, no mail receptacle......you have got to be effing kidding me.....in order to get mail delivery to our house we would have to put a box up on the side of the highway....right next to a school bus stop...no thanks....forgot to mention that old lady that walks along the side of hwy 291 looking thru all the mail boxes....

Frankie, that's the thing, they told me it was coming UPS....

You forgot this. :violent1:

:D

It's beyond me how these companies can screw things up. I ordered something a while back and specifically told them i wanted it shipped UPS, well, you know what they did.

After a few weeks of not getting it, I called them and they said it was shipped, I asked how, USPS.

They did send me another item and i did get it, never did see the first one.

I knew I should have just slathered some JB weld on it and called it a day....

Well, I didn't miss it, I understood what he was saying, which is why I put that he should REQUIRE delivery via UPS or Fedex.

If a customer "requires" delivery via a preferred carrier, and is paying the freight, the shipper should either contact you before using an alternate carrier, or ship it prepaid.
If a customer "Requires" a preferred carrier, the shipper must ship via that method, even at extra cost.

Just keep in mind that in the shipping business, there is a difference between "required" and "requested". If the shipper only offers on shipping method, cantact them by phone, and have it shipped the way you would like. Sometimes there's an extra cost for that, but, hey, it's your dime.

Do you have a PO box? If so, have it delivered to your po box via USPS, and you're done.

Well, I didn't miss it, I understood what he was saying, which is why I put that he should REQUIRE delivery via UPS or Fedex.

If a customer "requires" delivery via a preferred carrier, and is paying the freight, the shipper should either contact you before using an alternate carrier, or ship it prepaid.
If a customer "Requires" a preferred carrier, the shipper must ship via that method, even at extra cost.

Just keep in mind that in the shipping business, there is a difference between "required" and "requested". If the shipper only offers on shipping method, cantact them by phone, and have it shipped the way you would like. Sometimes there's an extra cost for that, but, hey, it's your dime.

Do you have a PO box? If so, have it delivered to your po box via USPS, and you're done.

Thing is the company CLEARLY states on there site that they ship ONLY thru UPS....http://www.legendmcs.com/terms-shipping.html

Lol, I know in my case I required and requested delivery via UPS and paid extra. They sent it USPS anyway.

I think it all depends on who's on the other end of the phone.

Lol, I know in my case I required and requested delivery via UPS and paid extra. They sent it USPS anyway.

Kinda like FedEx Post. Transported through FedEx, delivered to your door by USPS.

I have had the same thing happen. However, it appears some companies will "State" UPS (United Parcel Service). When in essence, they mean United States Parcel Service or utilize them un-knowingly to us. We know the difference, but sometimes I don't think they do.
Hope you get a chance to take a ride soon. I miss my deluxe.

I talked to a ups Rep. About a screwed up delivery to my shop. It's not a known fact, but ups hires USPS to do there deliveries when they get backed up. Happens daily, that's why USPS tried delivering to the OP. ups backs a trailer up to USPS station, unloads, and the packages get post office tracking info, and the ups info is erased. I know this because I tried tracking my ups package and they said the postal service would have there own track info.
So don't assume it's coming ups.

It's not a known fact, but ups hires USPS to do there deliveries when they get backed up.

I just ordered a motorcycle battery (dry charged) on th'bay, FedEx. It arrived USPS, and you can even see the transfer on the tracking page

I wasn't asked about this, in this case it did not matter, and I really didn't care so long as it got here. On a side note, years ago a used Bogen tripod grew legs and waltzed right off my front porch......FedEx. I had gotten an email note and it only took 20 minutes or less for that thing to learn how to walk

Attachments

• usps.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 254
I talked to a ups Rep. About a screwed up delivery to my shop. It's not a known fact, but ups hires USPS to do there deliveries when they get backed up. Happens daily, that's why USPS tried delivering to the OP. ups backs a trailer up to USPS station, unloads, and the packages get post office tracking info, and the ups info is erased. I know this because I tried tracking my ups package and they said the postal service would have there own track info.
So don't assume it's coming ups.

Nope, not the case. Seller sent me a USPS tracking number yesterday.

The tracking number that the seller sent me 9114999944238481098644 clearly shows that it left with the USPS.

.....what your ups rep may have been talking about was this http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/index.html for FedEx or this http://www.upsmailinnovations.com/....but like I said this is not what happened in my case....

in regards to the 2 links I provided, a UPS trailer is not just backed up to a station. In order for packages to get processed with the USPS they will need to go to a facility that sorts mail, which starts with Processing & Distribution Centers. Depending on the area the mail is sorted, letters, flats and parcels and then sent on to the proper area. Parcels run thru the APPS machine....

I recently ordered some stuff online and apparently some wingnut ripped off the address on the box, so 3 2 weeks after its supposed to be delivered it shows up at my place with sharpie writing everywhere and a printed out google map of my place with a big arrow pointing to it! LOL I guess my house is hard to find even with the correct address.

Or the guy working on the shipping department (who may not talk to the person taking the orders on the phone, just goes off the computer screen).... :banghead:

Nope, not the case. Seller sent me a USPS tracking number yesterday.

The tracking number that the seller sent me 9114999944238481098644 clearly shows that it left with the USPS.

.....what your ups rep may have been talking about was this http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/index.html for FedEx or this http://www.upsmailinnovations.com/....but like I said this is not what happened in my case....

in regards to the 2 links I provided, a UPS trailer is not just backed up to a station. In order for packages to get processed with the USPS they will need to go to a facility that sorts mail, which starts with Processing & Distribution Centers. Depending on the area the mail is sorted, letters, flats and parcels and then sent on to the proper area. Parcels run thru the APPS machine....
That's not was I was told, as a matter of fact, I called the post office to see where it was, the guy said the truck was unloading now and no tracking info is available. I couldn't even go pick it up. I've been around the block a few times on situations milked this. Your delivery might not have been like this, but that how it goes. Even my ups guy that's been delivering to me since 07 said the same thing!

I've never had a shipping issue with USPS, UPS, or Fedex, other than it took a day or so longer than promised. (knock wood)

No missing shipments, no broken items, no damaged or missing parts, and no confusions.

I saw this thread on top and glanced at and thought it said "shitting nightmare".

I thought for a second somebody was sharin way too much.

Still no answer to the 3 emails I sent....tried calling, no answer, no voice mail....

Maybe you should try sittin on the toilet and see if you can shake things loose.

-
Back