Shipping Question

-

OldmanRick

Reaction score
Curious if any body has shipped wheels lately. Been quite a while since i shipped anything. My question is, to ship 2-15x8 wheels would it be cheaper to do two in one box or seperate the two? I'm assuming either UPS or Fedex would be best?

2 separate boxes, ship them USPS PARCEL POST, cost will be $22-$25 each box. USPS is WAY cheaper than UPS, probably Fed-ex too.

Check it online at all the places.

Usually one heavier box is less money than two separate.

i shipped 2 bbp rallies from virginia to california about 4 months ago, and it was 37.50 for the pair, in one box

Thanks everyone. I'll play with the links and see what i come up with.
Plot that looks pretty good. I'm still trying to decide whether to offer up a couple of draglites i've had stored for years. If it looks reasonable to ship i may start a thread in the for sale section. Thanks again guys:D.

I had a door from Washington State,Front fender from Arizona,and a trunk lid from Michigan all sent to me in Connecticut on Greyhound. About half the cost of UPS or Fed-Ex. That's the most cost effective way to go for large items.

PM Motopsycho. He ships wheels a lot.

Actually I think I was wrong on the price, it may have been that? I just shipped a pair to Lance and it wasn't bad

I tape the two wheels together then wrap around with cardboard then make two cardboard disks and tape the to the round ends about 30 dollars for the pair give or take and depending on destination thru usps

Retired from the PO. Seen lots of wheels over the years. Seen several with no box, just a label taped to them. Would be less $$ if they were banded together as long as you do not exceed the maximum size they will accept.

-
Back