Shipping rear center section prices ?

-

rustytoolss

Reaction score
anyone got any idea of what it may cost to ship a rear center section / any what shipper would do this? I have a 489 case with 4.56 gears, that I have not used in a long time , and never will again. Time to sell some things.

Last edited:
anyone got any idea of what it may cost to ship a rear center section / any what shipper would do this? I have a 489 case with 4.56 gears, that I have not use , and never will. Time to sell some things.

best thing to do is talk to the various shippers and find out differences in price for weight/sizes

That thing is obviously heavy so you're probably going to need a light crate at least or several layers of hard cardboard. Pack it for shipping, measure and weigh it.

I have shipped 3rd members in a 5 gal bucket. Put the gears down on the bottom and face the yoke up. You may need to trim the lid a little to get it to seat but it will ship fine as long as you snap the lid on.

Find a chlorine tablet bucket with a screw lid. They are taller that
N a 5 gallon bucket and fit all inside. I cut a round piece of 3/4” plywood that just fits inside at the bottom. The weight will be right around 82-90 lbs. it use to cost 85 to 100 bucks depending on location. Thru UPS or Fedex. But now days? Who knows.

Find a chlorine tablet bucket with a screw lid. They are taller that
N a 5 gallon bucket and fit all inside. I cut a round piece of 3/4” plywood that just fits inside at the bottom. The weight will be right around 82-90 lbs. it use to cost 85 to 100 bucks depending on location. Thru UPS or Fedex. But now days? Who knows.
Plan on two months shipping time. I've been waiting for 8 weeks for a section of heavy wall aluminum pipe from California???:mad::mob::realcrazy:

-
Back