Shipping tail light pannel

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Does anyone know a cheap way to ship a tail light panel in state?

The USPS site says to ship 38 pounds at 72x18x18x18 that its 30 dollars. But when the seller went into the USPS he was told that its around 65 dollars to ship. Does anyone know why this is?

Will it fit in some big PVC tube??? That's how my Cuda deck lid trim arrived, in perfect condition I might add.

As for the USPS estimates, I totally understand your frustration. They quote you one fairly attractive price online and then it's wayyyyy more when you bring your package in to ship it. It's bit me on the backside so often -- I rely on their info when quoting my customers' return shipping costs -- I almost hate to use them. A few bucks on every job return really adds up at the end of the year and can't tactfully or conveniently be recouped without customers raising an eyebrow. "Oh by the way Don, it was an extra $2.37 to ship your box. Please drop a a check in the mail at your earliest convenience ..." I don't think so!!!

Leanna,I think he,s talking about the whole Tail light panel,not the trim.LOL.I,ve bought and shipped some larger boxed peices and think $75 is fair for a piece this size.JMO:D

Leanna,I think he,s talking about the whole Tail light panel,not the trim.LOL.I,ve bought and shipped some larger boxed peices and think $75 is fair for a piece this size.JMO:D

Ya I think Ill just pay the 65 other wise I would pick it up but its 100 miles to pick it up and 100 back and then I would need to drive it 400 miles when i take it home from my apartment in So. Cal.

Based on those dimensions, it's too big to go usps. the calculator kicked it out as too large. No way could you get it shipped for 30 bones.

The have a 130" limit. You have 4x18 = 72 + 72 = 144

I got 62 for USPS if the box was 11" on one side and 53 for FedEx ground.

even those dimensions are too much!
72x14x14 works and it's still $62ish

ok..He took it to USPS and they said it was 1in too long. :eek:ops:

If he is willing to take it back and ship it, I will buy it. Other wise I will have to find time to pick it up.

Ya shipping sucks with big parts. I got lucky and found one close by on craigslist. Keep looking there out there.

-
Back