Shipping to Canada

-

bvt69dart

Technically Challenged!
Reaction score
To all the Canadian members on FABO, I must ask your forgiveness for my lack of knowledge in the matter of shipping parts to Canada. In the past, I've offered to sell & ship my parts to only the lower 48.

Can someone tell me what is involved when shipping auto parts to Canada. I would like to include yo'all in my parts offerings.

Thanks.

We yer Canuck Mopar brethren simply ask for it to ship via USPS....not thru a thievin, lying cheating courier. USPS will hadn it off to Canada Post once it gets to the border and the fees(brokerage/duties) are drastically reduced

Definitely use the post office rather than UPS or FedEx unless specifically requested by your buyer. Declare the parts completely and accurately -- the Customs boys and girls know the difference between chicken salad and chicken ѕhit, so phony declarations of "gift, $9.99" (or whatever) will get the buyer nailed, every time. However, what is required is a declaration of value, not of selling price. Sometimes there is a difference between the two; as long as you declare a real, actual, plausible value for the content of the package, you're on solid ground.

Shipping parts to Canada is the same as the lower 48,just a different address.I do know Canada Post has an automatic $100 insurance coverage free with smaller items.Thanks for asking,cause I hope other American parts sellers(FABO members)see how easy it really is.:cheers:

I have shipped stuff a couple of times to the great white north and have not had an issue. I don't know why some folks get their panties in a wad over it. Like some of them FeeBay sellers that won't ship there.......that's just stupid.

I also agree, always use the post office when shipping to Canada, and always give realistic values and don't mark it as a "gift". Also, another suggestion that my favorite post lady has is to write out your complete name in the return address. She claims that it will pass through customs easier if there is complete information given for both sender and receipient. She also suggested including both phone numbers, but I have not done that yet. I have sent hundreds of parts to customers all over the world, and shipping to Canada is no big deal, unlike the size restrictions to some countries. Geof

I've shipped up there a few times. As Dan said, ship is through the post office, and make sure you tell the truth and insure it accurately. Also let them know that it can take a couple of weeks to get there, and if they have a problem with it, just don't sell them the item.

In my experience, I've had several Canadians want me to mark it as a gift, so they don't have to pay duties. I will not lie on the documents, especially if it can cause issues with the insurance. I've also had a couple people come unglued when they don't get it in three days. The package may take a while to get there. Once the postal service has it, it's kind of out of your control.

Definitely use the post office rather than UPS or FedEx unless specifically requested by your buyer. Declare the parts completely and accurately -- the Customs boys and girls know the difference between chicken salad and chicken ѕhit, so phony declarations of "gift, $9.99" (or whatever) will get the buyer nailed, every time. However, what is required is a declaration of value, not of selling price. Sometimes there is a difference between the two; as long as you declare a real, actual, plausible value for the content of the package, you're on solid ground.

Dan theydont give a rats *** if it's a gift or not. I had a letter explaining the item was a gift and still had to pay taxes,ON THE NEW VALUE!

THEY WILL NAIL YOU REGARDLESS.

-
Back