shipping to Canada

-
i tried usps and they told me that for a 33 pound item ....the only option is INTL. express for $100.41

Weird.. I had a heavy cast bellhousing for a NP435 to a big block shipped from the US through USPS and I'm pretty sure it weighs more than those 2 manifolds combined.

I treat Canada as if it does not exist and never has. Our United States are an island, surrounded by nothing.

what's Canada? I didn't notice anything north of the U.S. Border because its all covered in snow :jocolor:

Be careful Rani, they don't like us joking with them. I have tried in the past and they have no sense of humor.

The United States: Canada's shorts. I'd post the picture that goes with it, but I can't from my phone. ;)

nah ...IMO some of the coolest FABO members are Canadians ....I just wish this border problem wasn't so big ....I want to go to Moparfest one of these years and I wish it was easier to get parts back and forth....without breaking the bank.

4spdragtop, 1968dartman, captain Canuck, pettybluedart, jimjimjimmy....are a few of many reasons Canada is so cool.

its not like Canada is that much different from USA either .....from the pics I have seen of Canada ....looks just like here.....except maybe a bit more snow, but that's ok.

Likewise Rani. Any Americans I have met in person or dealt with online have been A1! :D

Well, we already have the FABO Transportation Network. Maybe we need "FABO border agents" in each state that butts up to Canada too who would be willing to handle members' transactions for a small fee or a percentage of the sale price??

Well, we already have the FABO Transportation Network. Maybe we need "FABO border agents" in each state that butts up to Canada too who would be willing to handle members' transactions for a small fee or a percentage of the sale price??

It's a conflict of interest for actual border guards but we can give out info on how to import correctly and whats needed to enter Canada.

Riddler

Good to know Riddler!

I wasn't talking about REAL border agents, just some people on FABO who might be interested in helping get members' transactions between the US and the Great White North completed without breaking the bank on shipping. It's a long shot, I know ... and the volunteers would probably have to be longstanding members with great reputations who'd never think of absconding parts.

Weird.. I had a heavy cast bellhousing for a NP435 to a big block shipped from the US through USPS and I'm pretty sure it weighs more than those 2 manifolds combined.

Mike,
I think I'm the person who shipped the bellhousing to you. IIRC, the max allowable weight was 66 pounds and that bellhousing was 65 pounds and 15 ounces! And, yeah, it was expensive to ship it to you. :banghead:
Dallas

Living in Canada I have tried everything. Nothing is cheaper than USPS. If the box is too heavy try and split the shipment into smaller / lighter pieces. The only possible saving is your shipping to a US postal box and the buyer driving into the US and picking it up, not counting gas etc....

BTW even domestic postal shipping is generally double in Canada what it is in the US.

$42.00 US to ship 2 sets of key blanks to me from New hampsihire. $ 47.00 US to ship a dizzy hold down clamp. Or my favorite...$37 to ship a set of torsion bar c clips..however, the company will ship anywhere in the US for free even though the distance to me is shorter..

You did and thanks for thar Leanna. :burnout:

It's my pleasure Ulf! :-D I was an enthusiast and a restorer long before I was a business owner so I know what we all go through to get our rides "there." Besides, the less you spend on shipping (or my services), the more you can spend for something else on your car!

Better bring the visa to pay for gas, taxes etc.
Don't flame me I'm a Canadian :)
I hear ya brother, you need all the cards and a couple of jobs to keep going unless you are the government man (elected MP or MPP) and after 2 terms collect a fully indexed pension... :protest:
and shipping between our countries is a rip that's for sure.. but I look at it this way. Raybestos frt brake shoes for the Dart from Barton auto in Hamilton Ontario $73.00 plus 13% tax and I pick them up or $23.90 plus $33.77 shipping and $$2.85 tax delivered to my door from Rock Auto in Wisconsin. But same brake job. Frt brake drums $38.00 ea from Barton plus tax or $34.99 ea plus $52.36 shipping plus $10.59 tax from Rock Auto... These 2 brake parts come from different warehouse so two shipping costs would apply. Hardware kit from Barton, $17.00 and same kit from Rock Auto $6.92 plus tax.. shipping incl with brake drums.
So front brake parts needed from local supplier here in Canada = $187.58 and from Rock Auto delivered to my door = $196.93
This is only because of the double shipping cost. Another thing to ponder. If I drive to the border (1 hour) my brake shoes at $73.00 here are $23.90 there... what gives with that ???? I know, 1 hour worth of gas... but I can get a steak dinner at Petes market in Niagara falls NY for $12.00 and fill up the dart for 1/2 price while I'm there... So we Canadians always have to look to you southern neighbours when it comes to parts and price it out both ways...... or ROAD TRIP, how far is it to Colorado from here Rani :lol:

Why the price jumps so much for some things in Canada I've never figured out. There must be some exorbitant taxes being paid by the importers. I still love my homeland, but sure don't miss the heavy duty taxes. I'm very much at home now in Idaho but very concerned at the direction the country is being taken. Before long we'll have the same kind of taxes.

Rani,I live just minutes away from this person you are shipping to in Valleyfield Quebec.I have a USA address I use to reduce the shipping cost,and cross the border with NO fee,s,so if you want help,I can do this,mrmopartech

Rani,I live just minutes away from this person you are shipping to in Valleyfield Quebec.I have a USA address I use to reduce the shipping cost,and cross the border with NO fee,s,so if you want help,I can do this,mrmopartech

That's EXACTLY what I was talking about earlier! Way to step up Mrmopartech!! :eek:ccasion:

I just looked up a package on USPS and to ship a 5.5 pound package to Canada is showing to be $41 and change. It will probably be 21" by the time it was packed so it has to go as a oversize package. I know why our friends to the north scream about shipping.

I just looked up a package on USPS and to ship a 5.5 pound package to Canada is showing to be $41 and change. It will probably be 21" by the time it was packed so it has to go as a oversize package. I know why our friends to the north scream about shipping.

Yeah, it's highway robbery shipping either direction over that border. I got stung once by "brokerage fees" from UPS or FedEx.

I would just once, like to ship a worthless package full of junk over the border with them. Then when they try to contact me for the "brokerage fee" be hard to get a hold of. Then stall them in paying the fee.... Then, at the last minute tell them, "It's not worth it to me, you can just keep it...." LOL!

If you happen to know a truck driver that is going north of the border perhaps they would be able to get parts into Canada a LOT cheaper! If I start running south of the border I would that no problem bringing parts back to Canada, but that will not be until sometime later this year.

-
Back