shipping to Canada

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
wow is all I can say about shipping to Canada ....I tried 5 different companies and lowest quote I got to ship a pair of exhaust manifolds to Quebec is $72.00

WOW

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 323
yep...its a cash grab...cost me 35 bucks to ship my carb to Georgia

that's the damn problem, a $50 part to help a fellow fabo suddenly becomes $100....

Ya don't need a visa to come into our country, just a passport ( use to be just a drivers license, birth certificate or just wave at the border dude... but that's all changed now. You can bring a visa card if ya like

Getting back on topic... $72 seems a lot for shipping... I've had stuff shipped from USA to here and average around $30 to $40 bucks... maybe a lot less weight tho. Try shipping them separately.

Ya don't need a visa to come into our country, just a passport ( use to be just a drivers license, birth certificate or just wave at the border dude... but that's all changed now. You can bring a visa card if ya like

that's if your a U.S. citizen ...I am not, but I am living in the U.S. on a legal U.S. Visa but Canada might have an issue with that.

Getting back on topic... $72 seems a lot for shipping... I've had stuff shipped from USA to here and average around $30 to $40 bucks... maybe a lot less weight tho. Try shipping them separately.

I told the person that the manifolds are supposed to be going to and he didn't seem surprised ...and said to do it ....I guess I am more surprised than he is .....that is ridiculous. ...its just a few miles up the road from some of the northern states

that's if your a U.S. citizen ...I am not, but I am living in the U.S. on a legal U.S. Visa but Canada might have an issue with that.

I told the person that the manifolds are supposed to be going to and he didn't seem surprised ...and said to do it ....I guess I am more surprised than he is .....that is ridiculous. ...its just a few miles up the road from some of the northern states

Rani if you ever want to come visit Canada let me know and I can assist you in what you need.

If your a US Green Card holder you don't require a visa to visit here.

PM me for more info.

Riddler

I've shipped three separate pairs of small block valve covers to Canada over the last three months and each was about $60!!! Twelve pounds, max ... it's extortion.

USPS is the only way to go across the border & hopefully the buyer is honest, the tracking leaves much to be desired. Another caveat-- it is getting into the season & volume will increase & so will lost/damaged stuff.
Look at it this way-- how much would it cost you to drive even if they meet 1/2 way? plus your time.
Happy Shipping, Lawrence

Go regular post office when shipping to Canada. Other companies will charge extra taxes/fees (called brokerage fees) to the recipient also besides the high shipping cost.

Shipping is evil but if you want to play you gotta pay. I always try to have things shipped USPS to avoid extra cost or have them shipped to a parcel drop. The last big thing was a set of tires and rims for are Charger it would have been 600.00 for the tires and rims and another 300.00 for shipping. Got them shipped to the parcel at no charge and picked them up there.

Pack em tight and send them postal, i sent a pair of hp C body manifolds cannot remember , but in the U.S somewhere no problem.

Try to avoid shipping parts from US to Canada using UPS or any of those companies. They f*ck us big time with brokerage fees, so even after we pay for the part plus shipping, we pay a large sum for their extra fees. USPS doesn't charge those brokerage fees.

Shipping is just getting expensive, especially cross border. My latest example: dash cap from Ontario to Ohio. Canada Post quote $58!!! I had a friend in Sarnia that was able to ship it from Port Huron,MI. Actual cost $22!! That's quite the difference. Like was mentioned, it ya wanna play, ya gotta pay.

i tried usps and they told me that for a 33 pound item ....the only option is INTL. express for $100.41

Rani, are you sure it was "express" and not "priority"?? There's a BIG difference in the price. I use Priority Mail for my international customers and it saves quite a bit over the express mail.

Rani, are you sure it was "express" and not "priority"?? There's a BIG difference in the price. I use Priority Mail for my international customers and it saves quite a bit over the express mail.

yea definately express ...they would not give priority or parcel post as an option ....they said because the weight ....it is a quite heavy box

Yeah, manifolds are definitely heavy. I've got my eye on an old 392 cast iron 4-barrel intake and valley pan that needs to be restored and preserved ... and it's in Washington state. I feel your pain!!! :-D

Better bring the visa to pay for gas, taxes etc.
Don't flame me I'm a Canadian :)

-
Back