Shitty day (sorry for language but I needed that)

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
So 2 weeks ago I attended a employee meeting. There was alot of talk about the economy and such. They were saying that giving hte economy we were in excellent shape and blah blah blah. Long story short. I was told this morning after my shift was up that my shift which Im the only guy on was being deleted to cut production cost. There for I have not job. Now aint that a bummer. I just needed a place to vent. So here I am.

Things have been bad and it is only getting worse. Sorry to here about your job. That realy sucks. Hang in there. Hope you find somthing else soon.

Sorry to hear the bad news eagle I hope you can set back and look at other resources for work How long have you been there ?
We have the same thing here, My son is know working in a bank job and was at a big factory here in town, 300 of 700 was laid off.
Vent away, Things sure are changing everywhere.

That sucks. :(

I was jobless from september - the end of january. Hope your search goes better than mine.

Eagle Guy: Times are shitty all over for lot of people and I am sure some of you good folks here on FABBO are also going through your own personal hell, of sorts. Eagle keep your chin up, weigh your options, look at your personal skills and talents, get on the computer and peruse the various job boards and make yourself some kind of plan forward to get your self back on track. Speaking of track one option some of you might consider who read this is the railroads in this country ARE hiring. The railroads are hiring in an unprecedented rate because years ago they did cost saving measures and eliminated the jobs of brakeman,switchman,firemen etc,etc. When they eliminated the position of firemen they eliminated the future locomotive engineers who would eventually be promoted from firemen to locomotive engineer. NOW the old heads are retiring and the railroads do not have any firemen to promote into the engineers seat so people are going to conductor training school at their own expense then hiring in and when the slots come available they go back to engineers school and become locomotive engineers. The railroad is not as good a job as it once was but in the present economy it is a GREAT job to have with excellent benefits and outstanding retirement. I am the only male member of my family on my dads side for the past 4 generations that did not become a railroader. I went to school after I got out of the Marines and got a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I severely hurt my lower back on the job last September and have been at home living on my disablilty insurance but I guess if there is anytime to be hurt and on disability now is probably a great time for this to happen. Eagle Guy you can pull it together with the right attitude and drive. Better times are ahead of us !

That is shitty, hope something comes up for you soon. The next few years looks to be tough all over :angry7:

Hang in there,you're not alone.It's gotta get better.

Ya, I got laid off about a month ago. It sucks. Especially when I have a daughter. And she's been in and out of the hospital. These are some really tough times. At least I've been getting a lot done on my car. And I get to spend a lot more time with my daughter.

Hearing that kinda stuff too much.We have been raped and its gonna get worse.I wounder when I'm next.I'll send a prayer for ya

It would have been a year next month. But I quit my job of 4 years to go as it was a excellent offer. Im going to relax for a day then hit the job boards. Might even go have a few cold ones to blow it if. Thank god im married or id be really screwed.

don't fell bad i am a carpenter with 3 kids and alot of bills and i was layed off 3 days before christmas with no warning from my boss (asshole). it sucks i have tried to find work but there is no hope right now. just keep your head up and something will come along for you.:banghead::banghead:

I lost a good job in the oil patch years ago because the economy was going the same way it is now. That's when I came up with my interpretation and differentiation between a recession and a depression. When the guy next door lost his job, it was a recession. When I lost mine it was a depression. :) It's going to be tough on a lot of people for a while, and all you can do is keep the faith and keep looking for new horizons. Good luck.

I feel for you, business is on the skids for me too. If it keeps up like this we are all going to have to move to China to find a job.

crime is getting really bad. i just hope something gets beter. i had to sell my duster just to get out of the hole. it sucks:(](*,) we can all just hope and pray!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel for ya man. I work at a indepandant repair shop.
We work on most cars and light trucks. Just the boss and
me.
We have been busy till about 2 weeks ago. Now I've only
been putting in about 2-3 days work a week.
I hope this economy turns around soon.

Wouldn't it make more sense to give every american making under 250,000.00 a year, 500,000.00 instead of the banks? Wouldn't it be cheaper? I mean even a million$ for every american would be cheaper than what there doin! Wouldn't that get the economy goin? Then the layoffs would stop and Hiring would start. These F'n banks are gonna keep blowing the money anyway. Sorry if I got off the subject but it upsets me when I keep hearing about good hard working people losing there job by no fault of there own. I've been there and, it is devastating to your head. You just gotta stay determined and you'll find something! In my case I ended up better off than before.Try local government jobs. They have good bene's and good retirement. Also commercial truck driving is always in demand. In my case just having a CDL helped me get my job. Good luck eagle,you'll be fine.You have my blessing on getting F'd up. Just don't drink and drive. A dui would really mess things up.

I be damn!

You and I was just chatting earlier today and everything was fine or so I thought anyways.
Sorry to hear that buddy!

I don't think it will be very much longer I will be unemployed. This from what I understand is only the beginning.

Don`t worry, the great eloquent, boogie orator, will make it all better:angry7:. I`ve had all of 4 weeks work since june!! When I walk on jobsites looking for work, I feel like I`m in a foreign country, if you know what I mean:angry7:. My optimisim is eroding fast, Lord help us

Man, that is a crappy day..no other way to say it. Good luck and I hope you find a great new job!

Sorry to hear about your job loss Eagle,I work the auto industry and have not had much work since before X-mas(worked 3 weeks)We all know times are tough,i,ll say it,s gonna be like this for 1 year.Next year I think things will change for the better.This recession has been a real eye opener for the people of North America!Our union logo is..Out of a job yet?Keep buying foriegn! Now how true is that??

Well I woke up this morning. Checked the job boards. Applied for one with Pepsi cross my fingers. Mean while I posted a wanted ad on craigslist. Dont laugh trying to pick up odd jobs to keep money coming in. Got to do what you got to do I guess. Thanks for all the replies means alot. That and most of the cars on here are inspiration.

-
Back