Shock questions

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I want to put shocks on my Dart. I have factory style shocks now that are pretty weak. As usual, I plan to upgrade. I have been looking at QA1 for a while and ran into Viking Performance at Car Craft last weekend. Apparently the brothers at QA1 had a split and one started Viking Performance. The shocks are almost identical but Viking's are considerably cheaper. My brother brought up a good point, though. My Caltracs need the rear to squat to do their job. If i get a stiffer shock, even if they are adjustable, will I give up the traction of the Caltracs? Any other suggestions for shocks?

No no no no no. You do not want the rear to squat. Squatting takes weight off the rear tires. You do want rise- that puts more weight on the tires for traction.

The CalTracs need a loose front end for them to really work well. The Vikings are double adjustable so you could loosen them up when you want to launch, and then go back to stiffer for street driving. Just spend the money.

You're the one who wanted to upgrade. Dont think you can do that without spending money. Just sayin...

Rancho shocks. They have a listing on their website of what shocks are required for each application. Once you know what you need just figure out what shock will work for your car and order them up. Here in Canada Rancho shocks go on sale quite often so I am assuming that you should be able to get them at a good price in the USA. Calvert shocks used to be relabeled Rancho shocks for years, so they work with that combo. JMO

You can also look at what is for sale here on FABO. I got a sweet deal on a set of nine way adjustable QA1 shocks from a member here.

As long as we're talking shocks. 71 dart, 360, pretty decent build. No track time, just streets and the occasional burn outs. Need to replace the rear, any suggestions on good, middle of the road shocks?

You could try drag shocks but I do like bilstein shocks.

Well. I bit the bullet and ordered from Calvert Racing. 90/10 front shocks and 9 way adjustable rear. The prices were pretty fair in comparison to most. Now I play the waiting game waiting for them to arrive. I didn't want to pay the additional $218 for next day AM delivery.

-
Back