shock recommendations

-

sixpakmopar

sixpakmopar
Reaction score
help me out guy's / yesterday i ordered my rear springs from ESPO Springs & Things
here is what i bought rear leafs for a 340 dart 6 leafs each side with a 1in over stock ride height /poly bushings /new u" bolts for the rear and shackle kit all for $446.00 my car is a 1970 dart that is gonna get a 408 stroker and i will be running a 391 sure grip / what would be the best shocks for the rear ? it is gonna be a cruise in car which will get some drag strip use on occasion ! All opinions welcome thanks

More of a cruiser than strip runner. I went with KYB's. There afordable and off a good ride. While my Duster didn't have anything near the power level of a 408, they did handle the road well. I also had the ESPO 1 inch over bend springs in the Duster.

I like the QA1 double adjustables. They are not cheap. But you can adjust for any conditions. And they are rebuildable.

What do those bad boys run $$$ wise?

I bought mine from Jegs last year. I think they were $212.00 each

I've run Koni, Herb Adams VSE, KYB, QA1, and now Hotchkis shocks on my 68 Barracuda over the past 16 years/80K miles.

I've blown out at least three KYB's to the point where they just drain out all their shock oil on the garage floor.

The Koni, QA1, Herb Adams VSE, and KYB would pull you down and the seat buckles when you hit a pavement separations. KYB was the worst.

Now I just changed my .99 T-bar for the big 1.14 T-bars with a 350 lbs/in rate. !! 3 TIMES stock stiffness. I thought it was going to ride really rough. But the Hotchkis Bilstein's tamed these mondo wrist-sized T-bars and the ride actually seems a little smoother than before (.99" T-bars and QA1's). And none of the yanking feeling on the seat belts.

The Hotchkis Bilstein shocks have the best ride and performance so far. $400 for all four is what they are selling for.

I've run Koni, Herb Adams VSE, KYB, QA1, and now Hotchkis shocks on my 68 Barracuda over the past 16 years/80K miles.

I've blown out at least three KYB's to the point where they just drain out all their shock oil on the garage floor.

The Koni, QA1, Herb Adams VSE, and KYB would pull you down and the seat buckles when you hit a pavement separations. KYB was the worst.

Now I just changed my .99 T-bar for the big 1.14 T-bars with a 350 lbs/in rate. !! 3 TIMES stock stiffness. I thought it was going to ride really rough. But the Hotchkis Bilstein's tamed these mondo wrist-sized T-bars and the ride actually seems a little smoother than before (.99" T-bars and QA1's). And none of the yanking feeling on the seat belts.

The Hotchkis Bilstein shocks have the best ride and performance so far. $400 for all four is what they are selling for.

Very cool AutoX!

FWIW, I have the QA1 on all 4 corners on my 68 cuda. I seem to like them alot, but maybe I don't know any better or have as much experience as AutoX here...

-
Back