shock recommendations

-

gold68dart

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for some new shocks (all 4) for my 68 dart. The car will have a stroked 340 mated to a 4-spd with stock front suspension. I will also be installing new super stock leaf springs. What will be my best shock to go with for handling, ride quality and traction. This is mainly a street car with occasional strip time.

Thanks!!

My Valiant has Bilsteins and absolutely love them, especially with the large torsion bars up front.

On my 1970 Challenger 440 4 speed street bruiser (13.9@101mph) I have high quality Gabriel parts store replacements and the ride is nice and they work good.

I have used KYB shocks in the past on a B-body, they have a rough ride quality, especially with stiffer springs. I will not be using KYB shocks again.

Well I must be the odd man out, I bought Gas Charged NAPA Auto parts shocks as I won't be seeing alot (or maybe none) track time, mostly cruzin, they seem much better than the 30 year old shocks I took off...you all are prolly laughin at me now......

Well I must be the odd man out, I bought Gas Charged NAPA Auto parts shocks as I won't be seeing alot (or maybe none) track time, mostly cruzin, they seem much better than the 30 year old shocks I took off...you all are prolly laughin at me now......

Not laughing here...... I bought 4 of the NAPA brand gas charged shocks for the wife's 73 Dart.

$19 each and we are both 100% happy with them.

i also run NAPA gas charged shocks on my 72 Cuda, i needed longer shocks since i went with ESPO +2's and the KYB's were to short, the ride is great ! no complaints here

I am actually running the same idea on my 67 dart 340 4 speed
However i moved the springs inboard 3 inches and mini tubbed. But i have been looking at the rancho 9 way adjustables. from my measurements with the springs moved on the 67 i should be able to use the rancho part number shock rs999116.

For the front i was given a pair of competition engineering shocks ... 3 settings.

The idea is mainly street driving and a very rare drive at the track. (very expensive shocks though) I believe i found the rancho's at rockauto for $88 (have not pulled the trigger yet)

I am looking for recommendations for some new shocks (all 4) for my 68 dart. The car will have a stroked 340 mated to a 4-spd with stock front suspension. I will also be installing new super stock leaf springs. What will be my best shock to go with for handling, ride quality and traction. This is mainly a street car with occasional strip time.

Thanks!!

Since you plan on racing occasionally, I would go with a 3 way adjustable shock. QA-1 shocks which are very good and cost alot or Competition Engineering which do not cost as much. I run the Competition Engineering shocks on all 4 corners and really like them.

i would not use use SS springs..the HD one from JR Spring is more than adaquate
for spirited street use.
i am using the KYB gas shock which i find to be a bit harsh, choppy.
have a set of Edlebrocks waiting to be installed

I'm running a set of Monroe Matics on my Demon 340 and I have no complaints at all. Ride and Handling are both better than expected.

-
Back