Shocking connection between old and new charger

-
Nope, your not alone. Though I would have preferred a two door, I still like the new model. I'll probably trade my jeep for one in the fall.

im pretty neutral. It would have been nice to see a retro design ala 2005 Mustang but at the same time, the Charger name has come back a few different times, and this is the best version yet. Hopefully they sell well enough and DC will bring out a 2 door or something.

Sorry guyz, guess I'm juss too old, but it don't do nutt'in fer me!! :scratch: ...REX

I'm gonna have to go to Daytona in a couple of weeks to see it in person, from what I see so far it looks just about like everything else on the market now. JMO

Well I saw the new Charger in person today. IMO, it looks way better than the Chrysler 300. I really couldn't give a rats behind that it doesn't have a retro look to the Chargers of old. I think that theme is overdone anyway. And frankly, I love the fact that it is a rear wheel drive 4-door sedan with a big V8 engine - and a hemi at that. I may end up replacing my ImpalaSS with one of these in the next year or so. :shock:

I agree with Gotdart. I think it looks better than the 300. But I don't care for the 300 so that's not saying much.
But, I did see the car in person and it's not for me either. The biggest problem I think is that we expected so much more. We thought they were building this really cool lookin hot rod type of car and came out with a modifed chevy impala.
This is a car that I wouldn't turn my head to look at any more than I would look at the impala unless of course it was a police cruiser behind me. Just a little too ho-hum for me.
If your looking for a 4-door sedan family car, this will probably do it for you. If you looking to the market for somthing with a bit of sporty looks (Like the mustang) this will not do it for you. Even the older intrepid look sportier than this. Manufacturers making cars with sporty looks in a four door was very evident at the Detroit show. Seemed everyone was doing it but Chrysler.

Well, perhaps DC should not have called it a Charger. Here is a couple pics my son took.

DSC00336.JPG

DSC00337.JPG

DSC00338.JPG

Sorry for the image quality, but I still like the car.

Bull Crap: The charger that i saw was the concept rig at Carlisle. Very sleek and fast looking. 4 doors but very impressive. This aint' the one. I threatened buying one as the wifes caddy is getting some miles on it but i'll wait till the concept becomes reality.

I don't care for it much but I never really liked the charger anyhow. They need to do a barracuda with the new Hemi and they would sell the crap out of them. It needs to have some resemblence though, unlike the Charger.

-
Back