shocks? kyb? or?

-

raw111

Reaction score
Looking to replace all 4 shocks on my dart, And was looking at Kyb shocks at 155$ shipped for all 4 or should i go with cheaper? regular ones? do the kybs make that big of a difference? thanks!

Looking to replace all 4 shocks on my dart, And was looking at Kyb shocks at 155$ shipped for all 4 or should i go with cheaper? regular ones? do the kybs make that big of a difference? thanks!

In my book KYB's are the best bang for the buck.

Find them as cheap as you can, and go for it.

I had a set of KYB's on my dart and I thought it made for a harsh ride.
I switched them for basic Monroe shocks and was much happier.

Just my two cents.

Bilstein is probably the best shock out there. The KYB shocks have a bad reputation for being harsh. Once again, the guys at Firm Feel can set you up with the correct shocks for your car.

Bilstein is probably the best shock out there. The KYB shocks have a bad reputation for being harsh. Once again, the guys at Firm Feel can set you up with the correct shocks for your car.

I would call them firm not harsh. That's actually what I like about them.
I like the firm feel they give my car. No bouncy bounce.

I believe bilstein,Koni,edelbrock probably make a better shock, but at what cost ?
Get out your American Express.

Just put 4 new KYB's on my car a couple weeks ago. Replaced blown out air-max shocks in the back and something even older in the front. With the same springs and torsion bars I love the ride, nice and firm, solid in the corners, but I definitely wouldn't call it harsh at least for the short trips I'm taking. I would absolutely recommend them.

How do you want your car to ride?
X2

I've had both the off the shelf replacements and now have the KYB shocks.
I'd also call the KYB's firm but not harsh on a standard road. Drive those same shocks on a road that has tons of cracks or major imperfections, they feel even more like a performance shock, but you don't fly down dirt roads in a sports car do you?? and NO I don't believe that the Duke boys used KYB shocks, although it would have been a great ad campaign...
I personally think that they're the best bang for the buck, but then again I've got big wheels and drive my car like a go cart :lol: ( see post about cracked k-frame #-o )

i drive it like a regular car, its a slant 6! i have no choice :p but right now. its got almost 40k and all blown out original shocks so im just trying to get it to hold the road a lil and not sound like its falling apart over every bump

-
Back