shootout at the hotrod shop today!

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
today while grinding away on the dart i hear a succesion of gunshots just on the other side of a chainlink fence i was working behind! i think too loud to be a ramset, were not blowing **** up, what was that? as im walking into the shop towards the door, shop owner ducks and slamms the door behind him and yells there fu#king shooting out there! as he opened the door a guy was running past the door with a .45 in his hand and pointed it at him as he ran by!
so it turns out the guys across the street were selling parts on craigslist, and the guys that came to buy parts decided to rob him, but didnt expect him to shoot back. bad guys got 3 shots off with no luck, seller rolled behind a parked car and got off 6 rounds, vary well aimed i mite add. cops said all 6 rounds must have hit the getaway car.
the car parked behind my car had 2 windows shot out of it, and car behind it had its windsheild shot out. no damage to my car, no body injured so far, we will see if the badguys got shot or not.
crazy days in long beach, this is my last month living here, hopefully i make it thru the month, lol

These things seem to be, becoming a more common occurrence. I am thinking of getting a gun at this rate. It's like the damn wild west out there!

Good for that seller. You never know what's tucked away anymore. Quite the shock for the bad guys.

today while grinding away on the dart i hear a succesion of gunshots just on the other side of a chainlink fence i was working behind! i think too loud to be a ramset, were not blowing **** up, what was that? as im walking into the shop towards the door, shop owner ducks and slamms the door behind him and yells there fu#king shooting out there! as he opened the door a guy was running past the door with a .45 in his hand and pointed it at him as he ran by!
so it turns out the guys across the street were selling parts on craigslist, and the guys that came to buy parts decided to rob him, but didnt expect him to shoot back. bad guys got 3 shots off with no luck, seller rolled behind a parked car and got off 6 rounds, vary well aimed i mite add. cops said all 6 rounds must have hit the getaway car.
the car parked behind my car had 2 windows shot out of it, and car behind it had its windsheild shot out. no damage to my car, no body injured so far, we will see if the badguys got shot or not.
crazy days in long beach, this is my last month living here, hopefully i make it thru the month, lol

where is this at? state, city?

its just a hobby shop, long beach ca. i was saying that earlier today. i sell parts all the time never have a gun on me, maybee its time to start.

these scenarios are the reason why I always have a firearm either on me or very close by....
Glad you didn't get hit!

Hope everything turns out.

But welcome to South Bay So Cal!

Hated driving around there back in the day(san perdro/long beach).Use to have to deliver auto body parts in some seedy areas and have a couple thousand cash on me at times.Last time I had to go to some back alley to drop off 2k worth of parts.he paid cash ofc.Told the manager next time He sent me there Iam packing my 1911.He didnt like that, so I told the owner and from then on I was ONLY O.C. Driver! =P

These things seem to be, becoming a more common occurrence. I am thinking of getting a gun at this rate. It's like the damn wild west out there!

x2, everybody should at least own a gun and know how to use it.
its getting too dangerous to "meet up" and buy anything anymore, let alone off the internet.
where i'm at the drugheads are getting so bad its pitiful, (prescription drugs). its amazing how this area has changed in the last several years, strange people, old shitty cars, you just know they are junkies. stuff just keeps gettin closer to home too. i use to stop and buy beer on the weekends at this little store a couple miles from my house. well, i had noticed that the "stock" in the store was goin to hell, they would never have the common brands like everybody else does, so i started buyin elsewhere like i did before. it wasn't long after that i heard they were sellin pills, so i damn sure didn't go back. well about 3 months ago these 2 junkies rode in on fourwheelers right to the owners house, ( they lived about 50 yds behind the store) and blew him away and robbed em of his dope, with his son next door in the yard playin with the neighbors kids.

i've known their neighbors for years, i use to work with their daughter. as it turns out the guy had just gotten his oxycontin for the month sold the guys $ 400 worth of pill earlier in the day, then that evening they decided to come back, rob and kill him to get their fix. they caught the guys after a couple days.

of course being a drug dealer, the owner had it coming to him. its just scary to think this happend a couple miles away from home, near a place that i stopped at all the time. they just walked up, knocked on the door, said hello, and them blam. people get hooked on that ****, and they just don't care anymore, they'll do anything to get it.. some armed thugs broke into a older mans place last year about 3 miles from here thinking he would have alot of pain meds since he was old, they tied the dude up and started robbing the place, but they got more than they wanted when the dude got loose and had a shootout with them. he didn't get any of em tho, but he did say on the news, that " i emptied my pistol as they was running out the door, then i emptied my remington 1100 when they started to pull out of my driveway" lol.

I've bought a couple of cars off craigslist. I always went with someone to take a look. Never have cash on me. Then to make the deal, they meet me at the DMV and I've handed the seller the cash in front of the notary at the title office. Just an extra precaution. I really doubt someone would be stupid enough to try to rob me in a government office. But then maybe I've overestimated the intelligence level of crooks.

I've bought a couple of cars off craigslist. I always went with someone to take a look. Never have cash on me. Then to make the deal, they meet me at the DMV and I've handed the seller the cash in front of the notary at the title office. Just an extra precaution. I really doubt someone would be stupid enough to try to rob me in a government office. But then maybe I've overestimated the intelligence level of crooks.

I left L.A. Area 25 years ago cause of that crap,....I miss SoCal, especially the car scene, but I got tired of always lookin over my shoulder and havin to constantly lock my schwag.

I put an ad on craigslist to sell my Harley last April...everytime someone came to see it, I openned the door with my H&K visible in a holster on my hip. The entire time anyone was there my weapon was there also, I didnt even attempt to conceal it...it was a great big sore thumb jumping off of my hip!!!!

wow! I'm glad I live here on the east coast in a very small town where you can trust people, and our crime rate is super low.

wow! I'm glad I live here on the east coast in a very small town where you can trust people, and our crime rate is super low.

Same here,....don't even have any cops here,...but we do have a bunch of troopers that live locally...,...

I put an ad on craigslist to sell my Harley last April...everytime someone came to see it, I openned the door with my H&K visible in a holster on my hip. The entire time anyone was there my weapon was there also, I didnt even attempt to conceal it...it was a great big sore thumb jumping off of my hip!!!!

Especially when someone comes on my property unannounced, i have no problem lettin them know what's up. Some plainly dressed guy bangs on my door a few months ago and i answered it with a old .38 police special in my hand that i was cleaning to put away. His mouth just kinda fell open and i had to ask him what he wanted 3 times. Turned out to be a door to door alarm salesman......lol. Once i found out who he was i just told him i wasn't interested and he left without saying another word. Got a big laugh out of it and then felt kinda bad. I know i left a impression on him though:D.

Remember ya'll smalltown folks just cause it ain't happened there don't mean it can't happen crazy assed folks are everywhere and Craigs List seems to bring them out. We are armed to the teeth not afraid to use them and have a very mean dog just in case.

Been thinkin about gettin a gun bein in philly the violencd is crazy here. Right near my moms people have been gettin robbed EVERY night in the last week.

-
Back