Shop Winch

-

64_Barracuda

Virginia Beach VA
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
No not wench! So my driveway has a slight grade to it. As I am getting ready to do alot of dirty work on my 65 Valiant I thought I would like to get it outside. So I picked up a 3500 Badlands winch, mounted it to a steel plate, put in 3/8 3inch long "redhead" fastners in the concrete, and out it went!

Winch works really well I put a wheel chock every 6 inches or so as it backed out. Pulling it back in was a breeze. It didn't track 100% coming back in so I put the column and steering wheel back on...... worked out well.

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

Too bad you have this built.........I'm a BIG believer in mounting "wenches" LOL on a receiver stinger, INCREDIBLY handy to be able to "plug" it into your trailer, pickup hitch, etc

I could not do most of the stuff I do/ try to do, without hoists, tractor, 2 post, "wenches" and other rigging. (Hint, when you search CL for "winch" you must ALSO search for "wench" and "Worn" as well as "Warn" LMAO

I could not do most of the stuff I do/ try to do, without hoists, tractor, 2 post, "wenches" and other rigging. (Hint, when you search CL for "winch" you must ALSO search for "wench" and "Worn" as well as "Warn" LMAO
:lol:

Nice, I can roll my 71 Barracuda in and out of my garage with minimal effort. I like your idea though.

Too bad you have this built.........I'm a BIG believer in mounting "wenches" LOL on a receiver stinger, INCREDIBLY handy to be able to "plug" it into your trailer, pickup hitch, etc

Worn Wench? I like worn wenches!

at my other shop where I keep my equipment I had a 2 post lift in a bay that had a pretty good incline. Working by myself is a challenge sometimes like getting a non running car on the lift.I took an old power steering idler pulley and redheaded it to the floor in back of bay. I had a spool of winch cable so I looped it around the pulley and attached it to car. Took the other end and attached to backhoe. It was fun to drive backhoe one way and see car go into the bay with no effort

Nice.
Been winching vehicles in and out of the shop on ramps for years. Because the lot is on a slope my shop floor is about 1 foot above the driveway so pushing them in isnt an option.

100_0832.JPG

Winch bolted to plate with angle iron welded to plate and angle iron bolted to two anchors in the edge of the slab.
Sure makes it easier to be working solo.

100_1427.JPG

100_1423.JPG

Just bought a winch for a similar reason, to drag non runners up ramp onto my 4 post. Just to add, mine is 12 volt with a solenoid pack. I cut controller cord and put extension cord ends on it. Grab any shop extension cord and you can go 100 feet if the winch cable is long enough.

-
Back