shopping for quarter panels

-

low_kota

Reaction score
I am shopping for a passenger side quarter panel for my 74 2 door swinger. Who do u guys recommend buying from? I think amd would be the best way to go.

Been discussed before in depth, consensus is; AMD less work to fit, more money; Sherman more work to fit, less money.

Choice is yours. I went Sherman because I'm a bad boy.

Thanks! My mind is made up on AMD, but there are several dealers out there. I'm interested to see recommendations on who to buy from. I can get what I need from Ebay for about $430 shipped. Does that sound reasonable? Is there an AMD rep on the forum that I could buy from?

Thanks! My mind is made up on AMD, but there are several dealers out there. I'm interested to see recommendations on who to buy from. I can get what I need from Ebay for about $430 shipped. Does that sound reasonable? Is there an AMD rep on the forum that I could buy from?

I live 45 minutes from Tamraz's warehouse in Plainfield, IL. They carry AMD & Goodmark. If I go and pick the parts up directly from the warehouse that's 45 minutes for me, they don't charge shipping (which can sometimes get over $100 per panel).

When I was looking for a fender for my 71 Challenger, Mancini web site listed $650 and Tamraz listed $550. I called Tamraz and they sold me a Goodmark for $288 out the door. I have bought most all the other parts for it in AMD from them. I would call Tamraz (800-442-4601 or 630-904-4500) and get a price from them. Sometimes they can do better than their advertised price. If there is any way that you can pick it up, then you can save any shipping that they may charge (if you need more than one part, it may make the cost of gas for a road trip to pick them up cheaper than paying shipping, if you buy them all at once and come pick them up).

Plus, I don't like their web site, too confusing. They have a "warehouse" side and an "ebay" side. Some parts are listed on one side and not the other. Some parts you cannot find on line at all, but if you call, they have them. I would recommend call them and get some prices.

www.tamrazs.com

Thanks for all the replies! So far it seems like Tamraz is the winner on price.

From what I have found, AMD does make a quarter panel that has the correct marker hole for a 74. All others need modification

-
Back