Short video clip of HP in action

-
Sounds great! Your boy needs camera lessons. lol

Wow, smoking the tires in 3rd @ 70, even with skinny tires, must have some oats under that hood. I am really waiting to tub out the car and stick another axle under it with some 4:56's, but thanks for the words of wisdom.

Yah, driving that '70 with 715hp at 5500 rpm with regular tires felt like I was on snow covered roads until I got the Nittos. I've got a set of 275/60-15 Nitto Drag Radials under my '68 A-Body. The fit with only a minor trim of the inner fender lip, and make my car safe to drive on the street, as they hook up way better than any like sized tire. You can't have a quick car if all you do is spin. They sure are cheaper than tubbing and installing a full cage.

Hey Scamp, although I have never had it dyno'd, over the past several years I have read hundreds of builds, many of them with actual dyno numbers and possibly I could be a little high (in a matter of speaking that is..), but every time I think my number is close, then I see someone who has actual numbers that are even higher. So it really is a calculated guess. I was absolutely meticulous on the build, again to the best of my abilities, so if I am off, probably not by much. Agree with you on the carb. I was running a 750 HP Holley and when I went to the QF 850, it sure seemed to wake it up. All of the driving has been on the street, I need a cage, tub the backend and more rubber for a strip jaunt. The elusive time and money will telll....Thanks

I've had the same conundrum trying to guess what my engine makes. As best I can tell, it's making about 540 hp according to my track time with a 950 HP carb. I was hoping for the magical "600hp" number based on other W2 builds and dyno numbers (which are probably corrected). But I run about the same time as most of the builds I looked at that were similar to mine, and in a 3200 lb car. And that's real hp, at that track, on that day. But in reality, 10's on a pump gas motor was my ultimate goal. I achieved that so I didn't care about the hp so much anymore. I would bet yours is right up there though.

Yah, driving that '70 with 715hp at 5500 rpm with regular tires felt like I was on snow covered roads until I got the Nittos. I've got a set of 275/60-15 Nitto Drag Radials under my '68 A-Body. The fit with only a minor trim of the inner fender lip, and make my car safe to drive on the street, as they hook up way better than any like sized tire. You can't have a quick car if all you do is spin. They sure are cheaper than tubbing and installing a full cage.

715hp. Now that has to be fun!

-
Back