Shortening injector fuel line 5.7

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
Hey lads, I am finishing off my fuel lines atm. I need to shorten the factory fuel line from the injector rails. Having never mucked around with the hi-pressure hose before, is it a matter of just cutting the end off and then attaching the new dorman one I have bought? Or is it a bit more involved than that?

Cheers, dave

Never mucked with them either. That stock fuel line is like heat shrinked to the fittings. Vulcanized?

Never mucked with them either. That stock fuel line is like heat shrinked to the fittings. Vulcanized?

Yeah it's a bit weird, looks like there is a bit of a shrink as well as the hose slid over the quick disconnect fititngs.

Alternatively could I just buy some pressure rated EFI hose and slide it over and hose clamp the 90degree factory quick disconnect? Or are hose clamps a no no with EFI seeing it's at pressure?

Not sure it would be considered a no-no. I have push to connect hose for my fuel line and there's not clamp at all and it holds just fine. I think it's probably not thought of as best practice to use clamps on high pressure line, but I don't know that there's anything technically wrong with it.

-
Back