Should be simple...right?

-

Michael Brisebois

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought a console for my 66 Barracuda 4 speed. The upper shifter boot is MIA, so I'll get another, I started wondering about how to install it. It's an Inland shifter (with the reverse lock-out wings) and the boot screws in from inside the console. I've had the shifter apart before and I struggled to thread the cable back through the tiny hole....on a bench. It will be more problematic mounted in the car.
Does anyone have a procedure to share?

Maybe fish weed eat eater line or mechanics wire thru the hole to pull the cable thru? I’m not familiar with your set up but maybe that’ll work for you.

I bought a console for my 66 Barracuda 4 speed. The upper shifter boot is MIA, so I'll get another, I started wondering about how to install it. It's an Inland shifter (with the reverse lock-out wings) and the boot screws in from inside the console. I've had the shifter apart before and I struggled to thread the cable back through the tiny hole....on a bench. It will be more problematic mounted in the car.
Does anyone have a procedure to share?
Somehow your description isn't seemingly giving me enough information. I always say a picture is worth a thousand words and a few pictures...

It is very difficult on an old cable that is slightly frayed at the end. I have soldered a solid wire to the end, but if it is frayed too much it won't fit through the hole.

-
Back