should have never finished my car

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
the car show we went to last month had s screw up with the trophys. The brochure said they had an unfinished class. I even called them to make sure of this because I wanted Tyler to be in the running for one. we got there and there were a few unfinished cars and when they were giving out the awards, I received one for top 40. the specialty trophys were given out last as usual. They had a screw up with the company that made them and they didn't receive them at the show until about an hour before the show was over. No unfinished trophy.. I went up and asked the guy what happened and he told me that they broke it. he told me they would make another one and ship it to me. Called the company twice and both times she said she was going to ship it the next day. Called her yesterday and she said she would mail it today. I told her to hold on to it I would come get it. I see why it was a problem. I had a 70 mile round trip but I think he will like it. has not seen it till he gets home from work tonight. better is not always bigger. It is twice the size as mine and he has not even painted his car yet. my top 40 one is next to his.Maybe he wont now.

Attachments

• DSC04854 (Copy).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC04856 (Copy).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 305
the car show we went to last month had s screw up with the trophys. The brochure said they had an unfinished class. I even called them to make sure of this because I wanted Tyler to be in the running for one. we got there and there were a few unfinished cars and when they were giving out the awards, I received one for top 40. the specialty trophys were given out last as usual. They had a screw up with the company that made them and they didn't receive them at the show until about an hour before the show was over. No unfinished trophy.. I went up and asked the guy what happened and he told me that they broke it. he told me they would make another one and ship it to me. Called the company twice and both times she said she was going to ship it the next day. Called her yesterday and she said she would mail it today. I told her to hold on to it I would come get it. I see why it was a problem. I had a 70 mile round trip but I think he will like it. has not seen it till he gets home from work tonight. better is not always bigger. It is twice the size as mine and he has not even painted his car yet. my top 40 one is next to his.Maybe he wont now.

If trophies are want you want, stop by and take your pick, no cleaning the car, no spotting around all day just pick the one you like, many 3 feet tall some best paint, best Mopar.

Really I use to go to the shows hoping for a trophy, but now more to socialize with the people. Yes it is good to have someone pick your car as a winner in a show, but you already know if it a winner when you drive it.

Was at a show a few weeks ago and the guy next to me's son was upset they didn't win. I should have given him mine. They were in a real nice 70 Mustang coupe, clean inside and out, IMO, he should have received a trophy over some that did win.

the trophys are not what I am after. I am more interested in talking to people about the process where the car started and where it finished, however I am not opposed to receiveing one in the process if it happens. You seem to miss the point of the post. It was a kind of joke that I could spend a certain amount of money to finish a car and receive a little trophy and my son is in the process and not even have color on it and get a huge one. personally, I am leaning towards going to cruise ins and not the shows. But it still would not matter because ANYTIME my car comes out of the garage it is as clean as it would be going to a show. I would not want to pull into a parts house or store or any place and have someone come over and start to admire it and see it not be clean. That is just me. I drive it, enjoy it and damn proud of it. It will never be seen unless it looks the best it can.

-
Back