Should I do it??

-

MrBelvedere2

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A guy about an hour from me has a black 2009 Challenger R/T 6 speed track pack Black car. Stripped option car just like I would have ordered it. Only options are sirius radio and the 6 speed track pack. Oh, it also has a twin screw supercharger and some other mods done to it making about 450hp at the wheels. He has about $50,000 in it, was asking 33,000. I told him I can only come up with 25,000 and trade my 67 barracuda to make up the difference...Am I fool not too???

car 044.jpg

2009_challenger_8.JPG

Considering I am badly wanting an F8 notchback Barracuda, and they are definatly not everywhere, and have seen quite a few Challengers on the road already, I think you are a fool to get rid of it, but that is just my opinion.

Thats a tough one, Hmmmm. I might be tempted to keep your Barracuda and look for an older Chally. That black one is the way I would want mine too. Depends how attached you are to your Barracuda.

If you want it, go for it... If I had $25,000 in hand I'd buy a super nice 68' silver 4-speed road runner or charger, that's just me...

It runs 12's and has A/C and can go cross country and get 25 mpg....what old car can do that? this will be the first new car I have every owned...only driven old cars since I was 16...I'm 27 now. I think it's time to switch it up a little bit...I still have 2 old ones to work on.

It runs 12's and has A/C and can go cross country and get 25 mpg....what old car can do that? this will be the first new car I have every owned...only driven old cars since I was 16...I'm 27 now. I think it's time to switch it up a little bit...I still have 2 old ones to work on.

Then Go for it! Say ALOHA to the barracuda and ALOHA to the Challenger!

Aloha!

The value will drop like a box of rocks, to many challengers are out there, 3 years from now what will it be worth?? But, if you really want it, it's your call...

I LOVE the new chally. and I am saving everything I can to get one...(managed to save 2 grand in 2 months for it) LOL!!! Long ways to go, but the way I feel right now about my car, I would buy it and not look back...

I LOVE the new chally. and I am saving everything I can to get one...(managed to save 2 grand in 2 months for it) LOL!!! Long ways to go, but the way I feel right now about my car, I would buy it and not look back...

Not to hi-jack this thread, what's going on with your car mopardude?? I saw your pic threads, looks like you've done some awesome work on it already...

I say no. If you have $25,000 you can get a nice 4 speed 70 Challenger or something that will be worth the same or even more in a few years if you want to sell it. You might not be able to get the 25mpg but at least it's value won't drop like a rock.

Then again if I had 25 grand laying around I'd be spending it on some real estate investments while the prices and rates are low.

Not to hi-jack this thread, what's going on with your car mopardude?? I saw your pic threads, looks like you've done some awesome work on it already...

Yea..i know....Im on the fence on it all...sell it or not...im just really burnt out..I lost all my motivation....and have thrown thousands at it...and yet, it still just sits there....not drivable.....

Yea..i know....Im on the fence on it all...sell it or not...im just really burnt out..I lost all my motivation....and have thrown thousands at it...and yet, it still just sits there....not drivable.....

I saw the work you've done on it, you've got it by the balls, just budget it down a little and don't let it stress ya out.. I'm building my 66-valiant in my head atleast 4 hours a day, reality is, it's atleast a 3 year project..

I love my old Mopars and actually drive them all the time BUT I've been wanting a late model Charger or Challenger for awhile now. If I could get a decent trade for some of my old iron I'd be in a late model in a minute. So what if it depreciates? I'll bet that if you get tired of it in a few years you could trade someone back for another old Mopar.
Dallas

You're only young once, if that challenger makes you happy I'd go for it...

Holy smoke Larry! You're 27! I still remember when you and Billy were peanuts just dreaming about driving an old car. Damn ... time flies! Good luck with your decision.

A funny thing I learned a long time ago: friends will often urge you to spend your money.

For $25K, I am sure you could make sure the little B-cuda would go all over the country, probably get 20mph (if you wanted to) and have plenty of money to drive it anywhere in the country. I would keep the old car. In 10 years, it will be worth more than that worn out Challenger.

I"m glad I don't have to make that decision....................... cause thats a nice freaking Challenger!! Our cars were new once, and a lot of them out there ..then.. and nobody thought twice about trading them in or tearing them up, ya they are worth more NOW, but not back in the day ,,, its the same as the New Challenger is today. Who know's in ten - twenty years what it might be worth!! ...just my two cents.... crap,, now i'm broke again!!

Absolutely not...in a couple of years, the new chally with be worth a lot less than that magnificent barracuda that you have..if you are dying to spend that 25K, go buy another vintage MOPAR. ..

No if you are in the same physcally shape as I am (disabled) than think serously about the new car..that is why I have a mustang.

Grassy

That sure is a nice Challenger, but the value it will lose will out weigh the extra $$$ you spend on fuel in the cuda. Seems to me everyone has a new Chally. Take a look at the car lots they are loaded with them. Cant say the same for the cuda. I would hold out and see if the Chrysler clowns get it in their brain to do a vert. But it is your $$$ you get to do what you want.

Steve

I kinda see where the young whipper-snapper is coming from, says he's never had a new car and wants to change things up a bit... If you're a good trader, I'd probably roll da dice and take a chance on it... If you're having to borrow the $25,000 and then sell your cuda, I'd take a bullet in the head before I'd swing that deal...

If the Cuda is a nice driver you will probably regret selling it.

No matter how much money and work you put into it it will never be the driver the Challenger is. If you are buying the Challenger as a driver it is probably be a good deal at 25k + cuda since it is supercharged.

I have driven a supercharged SRT Hurst Challenger, would love to have one, WHAT A RIDE.

You could put a 5.7 or 6.1 in the cuda, coil over tube front suspension, 4 link rear. Classic air, power windows and some other creature comforts. Then you could get the 25 mpg, but you would still have an old car.

Good Luck with your decision

-
Back