should i get it?

-
well i meant because of the condion it looks to be in. the bottom were the air is let into the intake looks to be burnt so i was just wondering. On a 360

It looks like it was in a minor carb fire. It should clean up soaked in carb cleaner. I see it has a secondary metering block instead of a metering plate which is good, you can change jets on the secondary side. If you had to buy a conversion kit it would cost more than what the carb is presently going for.

Chuck

id grab it. not a whole lot that can go wrong with a holley. even with a rebuild it will be alot cheaper than a new one

ok this carb is for sale and im wondering by the pics if i should get it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=130134185075&rd=1&rd=1

Careful. I bought a carb on ebay and got one that had 3 different sized jets in iit and that shafts apparently were worn out as I could never get the carb to quit stumbling. Sprayed carb cleaner around the shafts to verify they were leaking. I must admit, it does look nice on the shelf sitting on a 1" carb spacer.

By the looks of this thing, the sale price it's at without the auction being finished, the cost of a kit, the cost of cleaning supplies to do the rebuild, and the time to rebuild it. All this without knowing if the carb is warped. I'd say stay away. Spend the money and buy a new one! You will thank yourself many times over.

By the looks of this thing, the sale price it's at without the auction being finished, the cost of a kit, the cost of cleaning supplies to do the rebuild, and the time to rebuild it. All this without knowing if the carb is warped. I'd say stay away. Spend the money and buy a new one! You will thank yourself many times over.

I agree 100%..buying a used carb can be a crap shoot..

I have a holley 4bbl sitting on my shelf that I'll let you have cheaper than that...hell pay for the shipping and its yours. It was on my 340 when I bought it. Needs rebuilt but hey its complete, decent shape and most importantly free.

It think its a 4160, I will check when I get home tonight. I am pretty sure its a 650 cfm though. I also have a fresh rebuilt thermoquad 6545S that I bought from a shop sitting in its box too that I don't need. That ones not free though. PM sent with my ph#

o you should sell it on ebay im looking for a 750 vac wll im getting one but thats the one want thanks though i think maybe my friend my be intrested

Just remember Dusterboy, depending on what you running "bigger is not alway better". Ensure your nicely balanced or ask some questions about correct CFM size before you get anything too large. Better to be safe and save :|

o well he said 650 so i was like not thanks but ill still take it... and bjr said a 750 vac will be good for my 400hp 360

-
Back