should I keep the k-frame

-

hughesboysvaliant

Reaction score
hey guys, Im looking to start rebuilding my front suspension, ( bushings, tierods, shocks, ect). Ive been looking for a complete 73 a-body front k-frame for a v8 with disc brakes to redo and slap under my baby. Ive seen the products in mopar muscle that say you can do a swap kit from /6 to v8 motor mounts and keep your k frame. If this is ok I could just rebuild the front on what I have and change over to disc brake kit with new hubs for larger bolt pattern and get the front suspension and still be able to drive it with the /6 untill I can drop the 360 in latter. Any down sides ???

There is no other difference in the K members. What you'll pay for the adapter mounts versus what a v8 K would cost is the consideration. The V8 K you squire would likely need new motor mounts too.

not sure where you are in nc ..but i just talk with a buddy of mine in rich sqaure nc he has 1 in the back of the car it came out of ..i thnik he said its a 74/75 duster but it has the right mounts to go v8....i just bought 1 a few weeks back to change my dart over to v8 from six instead of buying the 1xx.xx mounts ...the k i got was a great deal didnt know my buddy had 1 but he has about 20 or so old moparts down there he is sell parts off of..pm me if you would like for me to check on it for you as im here out side raleigh nc mike

What year car are you working on?

If it's a 67, then get the later K frame because the idler arm for a 67 is a bunch of cash last I checked and different from the 68-72 idler arm. The spool mounts on the 73-76 are superior to the biscuit mounts on 67-72 K frames. You'll need new motor mount brackets with the 73-76 spool K frame.

Keep in mind, the 67-72 upper and lower ball joints are around 2x as expensive as the 73-76 and you'll be tossing them when doing the conversion to BBP suspension. Only other possibility is to use a sleeve on the upper to size it for a BBJ spindle.

-
Back