Should I paint B5 or B7

-

gregpurcell

Greg Purcell
Reaction score
demon.jpg

I'm working on a 72 Demon. (the pic above is NOT it) I bought the above pictured parts car from an FABO member and I sort of like the color (although its not original and I'm not certain it's even a Mopar color) Before I picked up the car it looked like Petty Blue, but it's darker and more metallic in person. I prefer a real original Mopar color. The original paint code was the light B1 blue which I don't want. I also don't want Petty Blue because my buddy is doing his car in it. (I don't actually know the code for Petty Blue)

I have to make a color choice soon because the engine compartment needs to be cut in. I'm considering B5 or B7 blue but I'd really like to see some members pics. If you have a B5 or B7 Mopar, please post a pic and tell me which color it is. I THINK I'm leaning toward B7.

Thanks in advance!

I really don't know which direction I want to go. I also haven't ruled out Panther Pink or the newer Challenger version Furious Fuchsia :)

pink.jpg

B7 would be different. I think there's more B5 cars now than there were originally produced.

of the cars you have had, your gonna fix THAT? man you have parted stuff 10x nicer

of the cars you have had, your gonna fix THAT? man you have parted stuff 10x nicer

No, I'm not going to FIX THAT. Re-read the post. That's a PARTS car I bought. The pic is for color comparison.

No, I'm not going to FIX THAT. Re-read the post. That's a PARTS car I bought. The pic is for color comparison.
Oh, gotcha..... I was wondering there for a second.... but B7 is never seen, B5 is way over done in my opinion, so I vote B7. Petty blue is also known as super blue in later years, and is code B3 just for anyone who is curious..

Thanks for the feedback, but respectfully, what I was looking for was PICTURES, not just a popular vote. I want to know what the car will look like for myself. I'd really like to see members B5 or B7 Demons or Dusters or even pics you've found on the net. I've also been doing some Google research on different colors. Years ago a friend had a very sweet Demon in dark blue. I THINK it was B7 but I can't remember for certain. If you've got one in black or vitimin C, I'd like to see those too!

And yes, since it's not going to be original anyway, the temption to paint it Furious Fuchsia is still there :)

B7 with white stripes

B5 with white or black

These are pics of cars I had. 69 was b7, 71 was B5

Attachments

• 69%204spd%20dart[1].jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 561
  • Picture.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 540
Leanna now has a B5 if you are going to do any matching powder coating.

Thanks OCC! :-D

Greg, I recently learned myself through my color match research that there are several different B5s according to year, originality and paint manufacturer. Now that you're getting pics to look at, knowing WHICH B5 you're seeing is also going to be helpful to you if you decide to go that route.

B3 :cheers: although mine will be new challenger tungsten this time around

Attachments

• IMG00217-20101005-1835 (Medium).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 443
-
Back