should i swap motor,need more horsepower

-

68valiant400

Reaction score
i have a 68 plymouth valiant, with a 76 dodge 400ci big block with 72 heads, purple cam,fender well headers, 727trans shift kit,4.56gears.it does low to mid 12s quater mile. came into minor engine problem over summer, long story short got stuck in traffic with crapy oil in car and knocking started, still runs but pretty bad knocking, ive been told my engines maxed out for horsepower while still having reliability. should i fix engine and try to get more horse or swap for 440 and start fresh,iam only 22yrs old so i need to keep cost down,i do all my own work. any suggestions what i should do?

No your not maxed out not by no means! 400s have some very good potential and the rest is just parts. IM me and I'll get you where you want to be. I've done engines in the 400-800HP range with 400s. You can also get with MR MOPARTECH as hes in canada also.

BJR Racing

We run a very cheap built 400 in my sons Dart. He is on a tight budget like me so we used alot of parts we had. It's a stock stroke .030 over 400 with KB pistons with stock 383 crank and rods. MP .557 cam and bone stock Eddy heads. Performer RPM intake and 750 DP. Dynamic 9.5 convertor and 4.30's. Runs 11.50's @ 116 in a real drive anywhere all stock body street car. Ron

-
Back