should pull the trigger

-

Foomaster

Reaction score
how much is it worth.

EBay item 151673906026

69 dart wants 20k from me.

Looks like it was worth $14, 700.

IMHO, $20K is too much for that clone/hot rod.

Would have to see underside detail pics to see rust repair history. Inspect passenger quarter. In pic, looks to have a bigger gap in the middle. Could just be the pic.

Not very good pictures. It was a 69 GT originally. Someone put a 68 trunk trim on it.

Thanks auto for the opinions. Don't care if it's a clone ororiginal. Just want a nice show car
The lady don't give much info as she needs to talk to family members on negotations.

Thanks auto for the opinions. Don't care if it's a clone ororiginal. Just want a nice show car
The lady don't give much info as she needs to talk to family members on negotations.

Nothing wrong with buying or building a clone or retro hot rod.

But in the buying pool of cars, paying over $20K for that is too much if you are willing to be patient and put some effort in looking around.

Really need more in depth pictures of the car to really evaluate it's condition and build quality.

Nothing wrong with buying or building a clone or retro hot rod.

But in the buying pool of cars, paying over $20K for that is too much if you are willing to be patient and put some effort in looking around.

Really need more in depth pictures of the car to really evaluate it's condition and build quality.

I know I have been tossing around the idea of selling our 70 Duster (408 EFI, 4 wheel disc, modern AC and lots of other goodies) to finance another build. Even though it is a /6 car I would be asking in mid 20's. I know first hand you could not build it for that. I don't think you could buy the parts for that actually. Will it sell for that? Maybe if someone is wanting a driver and not worried about factory correct. Or it may not....just depends if the car strikes the nerve of someone that is willing to spend decent money to get a decent car.

My situation is kind of a comparison to carcrazy. I have a 72 duster originally 318 car. I've done some work on it and with that said I figured to have over 20k more into it before I am done. Summer is arriving, car shows and other events are here and I'm anxious to be cruising with everyone else and not be stuck in my garage wishing I was done. I will hold out on this car for now and skip the 4 1/2 hour drive to get it.

I'll give him $20K if there's $5K in the glove box.

I traded my $1 million chicken for my neighbors $1 million duck. we both became millionaires!!!! funny, I still feel sorta lower middle class!??? LOL
and he bargained me down from $3 million> ( tight a--) huh?

My situation is kind of a comparison to carcrazy. I have a 72 duster originally 318 car. I've done some work on it and with that said I figured to have over 20k more into it before I am done. Summer is arriving, car shows and other events are here and I'm anxious to be cruising with everyone else and not be stuck in my garage wishing I was done. I will hold out on this car for now and skip the 4 1/2 hour drive to get it.

I should clarify. My statement was about our /6 car. I have no idea what the parts, total money value is on the car listed. I do know what I spent on our /6 Duster. I would be asking mid 20's on it, still losing money and not just a little either. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do to build another.

Attachments

• Duster 2014 Make A Wish.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 174
IMO, it's always better to seek out a factory performance, numbers correct car, which hold their value much better than a clone car! Doesn't matter what you have into it, it is what the market will bear! I could easily spend $30k redoing my 66 Valiant convertible, doesn't mean I will receive even 1/2 of that back if I were to try to sell it! That's why it's better to build the car you want to keep forever than to build up a car that you may sell in the future, especially if it's not a factory performance model!

IMO, it's always better to seek out a factory performance, numbers correct car, which hold their value much better than a clone car! Doesn't matter what you have into it, it is what the market will bear! I could easily spend $30k redoing my 66 Valiant convertible, doesn't mean I will receive even 1/2 of that back if I were to try to sell it! That's why it's better to build the car you want to keep forever than to build up a car that you may sell in the future, especially if it's not a factory performance model!

so very true. costs of restoring??? it costs about the same to do the body/paint, engine, trans, rear, interior, suspension , etc tec...on a , for example, SLANT duster made into a 340 clone as it does to say restore a real 340 duster. yes the initial cost of the project will be A LIITLE more, but not THAT much!

if a person likes to restore cars, and then has to sell that car to fund another. perhaps he needs to either : be wealthy,... do ALL his own work, .... not restore a car to the extent there are NO buyers for what he has in it??

as cosig said, what you sell anything for depends on the market, has nothing to do with what it costs to get that project from " out of the weeds" to "restored"! sad fact of life.

Well said! I'm posting a local craigslist ad;http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5019603980.html, to illustrate your point cosgig. He has over $32,000.00 in receipts on this car and while it's a very nice car, it would be worth more if it was a performance model to begin with.

I should clarify. My statement was about our /6 car. I have no idea what the parts, total money value is on the car listed. I do know what I spent on our /6 Duster. I would be asking mid 20's on it, still losing money and not just a little either. But sometimes you have to do what you have to do to build another.

I like your car, hope mine looks that nice someday.

if a person likes to restore cars, and then has to sell that car to fund another. perhaps he needs to either : be wealthy,... do ALL his own work, .... not restore a car to the extent there are NO buyers for what he has in it??

as cosig said, what you sell anything for depends on the market, has nothing to do with what it costs to get that project from " out of the weeds" to "restored"! sad fact of life.

Or that person enjoys cars and builds a car to what he wants it to be? Some people enjoy hunting cars and flipping them without doing any work. Some people enjoy buying a rare car and letting sit in the garage. Some people enjoy hauling a show car all across the country. I enjoy hunting the cars, going to swap meets and hunting parts. Then seeing it go from beginning to end. That is why it is a hobby.

10k I don't care how nice it is. It is a clone dart that has zero resale value. 20k get serious that gets you in nice *** B body cars. The car market is toast. Get off fleabay and try something like http://www.searchtempest.com/ it searches all the craigslist adds in the usa

There was a 68 383S fastback Cuda for sale here a couple months ago, original paint, motor, everything!! Went for $19,500, a smoking deal on a car with rock solid credentials!! And it wasn't a quick sale!!!

Sometimes you gotta be patient and look for the right car, not just jump on a car because it's there, shiny and pretty! If you find that it isnt the car for you, it's much easier to sell a pedigreed car than a clone to get most of your money back!! JMO of course, but I've bought and sold a few cars in my time!!

-
Back