Should you buy, sell, or hold these classic Mopars?

-
I think all A-Bodies are rising in value, but especially Demons and Dusters
I think you're right. B-body's look to have plateaued. And E-bodies have gone nuts. Priced themselves out of range of most. So folks are taking aim at A-bodies.

Jay Leno said it best: "If you're making money in classic cars, you're doing it wrong."

Cars are machines to me not nest-eggs and I can't leave a vehicle I own unmodified. Anything I buy I make it my own and then I become attached to it, if it turns out to be a good car. I had an M-body (1988 5th Ave) for a while just a few years ago that ended up not being worth my time and money; too big and heavy to be a performance car (and IMO crap front suspension) but not quite big enough to be as cool as the older land-yachts. At least I broke even when I sold it, pretty much all the money I spent on upgrades I got back. That's all I really care about at the end of the day, and knowing the person I'm selling to will continue to enjoy (DRIVE) and modify the car.

In 10 years I bet Jeep XJ Cherokees like mine are going to start pulling real money but by that time I'll hopefully have mine built up into a mild trail rig with swapped axles, modified suspension and a built engine.

Jay Leno said it best: "If you're making money in classic cars, you're doing it wrong."

Cars are machines to me not nest-eggs and I can't leave a vehicle I own unmodified. Anything I buy I make it my own and then I become attached to it, if it turns out to be a good car. I had an M-body (1988 5th Ave) for a while just a few years ago that ended up not being worth my time and money; too big and heavy to be a performance car (and IMO crap front suspension) but not quite big enough to be as cool as the older land-yachts. At least I broke even when I sold it, pretty much all the money I spent on upgrades I got back. That's all I really care about at the end of the day, and knowing the person I'm selling to will continue to enjoy (DRIVE) and modify the car.

In 10 years I bet Jeep XJ Cherokees like mine are going to start pulling real money but by that time I'll hopefully have mine built up into a mild trail rig with swapped axles, modified suspension and a built engine.
\
Mine is a toy, something to do and play with. I`m not concerned wheather my wife or kids get my money back out of it. Me, might be a diff. story , but I have so much in it I probly couldn`t break even anyway. ------------

Yep. You drive them? They de-value. But it's well worth the cost. Racing is a whole other form of expense. But worth the cost. Making money in racing? Is like being a musician. Most will not make the big time. But now and then? New talent is discovered. Along with some good luck.

-
Back