shouldnt have said duster

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
this morning i had to run a quick errand down to the bakkerij
it is about a 5 minute drive, and truth be told, i wanted to take the duster and go alone

so i told the kids, i have to run to the bakkerij, ill be right back

the oldest one goes "sure"
the middle one goes "fine"

the little one goes "i wanna come"

and normally i wouldnt mind, but i wanted to take the duster and flog her a little and just go by myself, im sure you guys understand

so i tell her, listen baby, i just want to run down to the bakkerij, im taking the duster and im going alone, i will be right back ok?

and she says "if you didnt want me to come, you shouldnt have said duster

yeah, needless to say, i didnt end up going alone

I used to pickup my kids in High School in a really hot 1965 Coronet. They were very popular.
There used to be a girl one class above my oldest and her grandpa had a 66 Valiant wagon (I think it was a 66)
Looked like a mix between a rat rod and a gasser

That always drew a crowd too

Me and him would chat from time to time, then we moved and I haven't seen him in ages

A few weeks ago I got the local monthly rag, and it always features a local family
And I never, ever know em

Same this time, mom, dad, grandpa, kids, never seen a one of em

Them I flip the page and there is grandpa and his valiant...now I remember

So did you stand on it a bit, probably would have put a smile on her face, and got her hooked on Mopars for life

So did you stand on it a bit, probably would have put a smile on her face, and got her hooked on Mopars for life

well, there is this one intersection...it looks like an upside down Y
of course, there is a stop sign on my side and it is under a slight incline...just about perfect conditions for a tire roaster

and she does love it

the middle one on the other hand...well, i call her Jiminy Cricket

Enjoy it! They grow up too soon
No kidding

My oldest is 13
One of these days I will have to break the news to him that he didn't really pick that duster out for me

The way he tells the story, he was 5 or 6 years old, we were driving and came across a house with that duster sitting in the driveway and if he hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have seen it

But he pointed it out to me, and we looked at it and bought it

He hasn't figured out yet that we had no other business there (we were 3 hours from home) and I normally don't carry $10.000,00 in cash on me

Enjoy it! They grow up too soon
When my niece was born my Barracuda shell was in my brothers garage. When she started speaking she was wanting to put the car together. She was ten when I painted the car and "needed" help putting it together, she was more than willing to help. Everything from small (trim and emblems) to large (engine, dash, steering colum, seats...), she had her hands on a lot of the car. She wanted to go to the movies, beach, amusement park... but I had to drive the Barracuda. From day one she asked how her car was doing. My entire family knows it is her car. She is now 25 and in the Marines, she knows what it takes to get the car and I'll be there to hand her the keys.

Alan

-
Back