Shout out to make a wish!!!!!!

-

mikesduster

Reaction score
About 4 months ago my wife contacted Make A Wish to see if they would/could grant our daughter Emma a wish.Emma has been through ALOT in her short life of 8 years and we were REALLY hoping they could. 3 months ago, 2 ladies that voluteer for Make A Wish came to our house and talked with Emma and all of us for about 2 hrs. Emma told them her 3 wishes of where she would want to go or do. Of COURSE,1 was to meet Justin Bieber and the other 2 where Disney World or Disney Land.

Well,this past saturday they came back to our house and informed us that MAW was granting Emmas wish!!!! They are sending us to Give Kids The World for 7 days,renting us a van,passes to Magic Kingdom,Animal Kingdom,Epcot,Universal,Hollywood Studios,Treasure Island and Sea World!!!!

We are SOOOO thankful to MAW and ALL who was involved in granting Emma her wish!!!! Oh yeah,We leave this friday!!!!!!

That is the best news I have heard all day. Congratulations. Take your camera and lots of pics. That place truly is magical.

Pastor Mike---Good to hear the great news,How is Florida treating you and the family? are you all adjusted??

That is great to hear. I hope all of you have a Great Time.

That is fantastic news to hear today! Emma must be so excited! Only two more sleeps lol..

Have fun

Grant

Wow that is wonderfull cherish every moment i'm sure she will have a blast and i'm quite sure it will be good for you to see that also.

God Bless

thats great hope she enjoys the parks..she will love sea world ...take a change of cloths and seat in the front at sea world and get nice a wet lol...:)

Outstanding, nothing could be better than a child getting her wish, good for you for putting yourselves out there! Will be looking forward to some smiling pictures.

Well Mike, thats just great news!!! In case you didn't know, Nella is also a Make-a-Wish child and we had the same trip you are going to be enjoying. Give Kids The World is bar none the finest facility to base your trip from. We had such fun there, always full of surprises, and every time we came back from somewhere there was something special just for Nella and Ian. The Pirate party, the all night ice cream shop, and all of the great volunteers who help there make the stay there a special time to remember. We all cried when we had to leave, we had so much fun there. Disney sure knows how to take care of wish kids too. You will receive a special hat to wear to identify your family as a wish family, and you will not believe the amount of personal attention you will receive from all of the staff there. So many great memories we have of our trip!! I hope you have as much fun as we had there, it will make Emma feel so special, even more special than she already is!!

Nella is still very involved with Make-a-Wish, and she does a lot of events to raise money to grant others their wishes. On the 31st of this month, over 3 dozen people are riding in her honor as part of the "Wish-a-Mile 300", a 300 mile bike ride here in Michigan that emcompasses 3 days and over 2000 riders, an event that raises enough money to grant 20 wishes for kids. When the riders come to the finish line they are greeted by their wish child and given their medals and hugs for an outstanding effort. While we thank them all for their effort, many riders we have met break down and cry and thank us for allowing them the opprotunity to make a difference in other peoples lives. So many people, such great support, we love every one of them for taking the time to make a difference. I'm sure you will feel the same way as we do, truly blessed to be a part of the Make-a-Wish family!!

Have a great time in Florida, and may God bless you, your family and Emma as you enjoy his many blessings!!! Geof and Nella

Thats fabulous. Magic Kingdom is my favorite. Feel free to Pm me if you want to know a few things to do there that she will love and have a blast. Way to Go MAKE A WISH.... They are awesome at granting wishes for special people.

Flmopars

Make-A-Wish. Class act and a charity I don't mind giving to. Have a great time and best wishes!

Made my day reading this, Congrats...Enjoy..

-
Back