Show and tell your oil cooler set up.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Do you run an engine oil cooler on your small block?

If so, like the title says please show your set up and give a detailed description on what parts you used and how you made it work.
How much it cost, what vendor.

I've got a couple buddies, including myself looking to do this.

My boat has an oil cooler........ I'll try to get some pics. The marine oil cooler actually is pretty cool, it would fit into the lower radiator hose in a car, as it does in the boat.

Sorry this took so long Spaz but here's some pics of mine.

1st pic is looking down at the oil filter adapter. I de-burred all the passages in the adapter so there would be no flow restriction.

2nd pic shows the oil filter mount and oil temp thermostat. Since you live in a warmer climate than I do you may not need a thermostat. I drive my car anytime the roads are decent even in the winter so I needed it so the oil would stay warm enough.

3rd pic shows the same parts at a different angle.

4th pic shows where I routed the hoses through the radiator support. I used hole punches rather than drill bits cause they make for a nice clean hole then I slit open a piece of 5/16" hose and inserted it in the hole to act like a grommet.

5th pic is looking down through the space between the radiator support and header panel at the oil cooler, sorry it's kinda dark but I think you get the jest.

Last pic is looking up at the oil cooler from under the bumper. It's not a real big cooler, a 12 plate that is approx. 6" by 12" but it does a nice job cooling the oil.

Attachments

• DSC03106.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC03105.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC03110.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC03107.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC03108.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC03109.jpg