Show me some red!

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey all, going to be picking a red for the Dart soon so I would like to see what you all have! Red pictures please! Also maybe what name/code it is! Thanks:munky2:

Here you go. This is 2000 Viper Red. It changes in different light conditions. Sometimes it will look a little orange and other times it will rip your eyes out it is so red.

Jack

rollies cars 020 resized.jpg

mini-notangl.jpg

Sweet you have the exact same car as I do.. minus the top ha! Mine is supposed to be PP1 but PPG can't make it so I was thinking R6 instead... looks pretty close. Yours does look bright but looks fantastic!

Mine is PPG and is paint code PP1...who said they can't mix it? Mine is pretty darn close to the original. My painter got samples of Sherwin Williams, Dupont and PPG, and PPG was the closest. Find a paint shop that has a spectrometer. Go to my site and you will see more pics of my car for a better look at the color.

Hey man, I am wondering how you got PPG to mix a "correct" PP1.... been a painter for 10 years and PPG can't make it in DBU or DBC... Omni line can mix it or Dupont in single stage.... Been using some Sikkens chips and spray out cards but nothing they have is close either.

If you get a chance to talk to your painter see what paint he used and if you can see if he can get a mix ratio for you? PPG won't make some colors due to them being "rarely" used... that's why the offer it in the Omni line... I am guessing he just found a chip that was close to your original and used that...

Before you get "sold" on red you might want to price it. Anything with red is nuts. I bought 2 qts of Go Mango base and clear and it cost me $565.00.

How much paint does it take to paint a Dart anyway?

Jim

Depends on coverage. I have painted completes with as little as two quarts (un-reduced) but with engine bay, jambs, and exterior I would guess around a gallon and a half un-reduced. I hope you got clear with that price... otherwise you got hosed! Lucky for me being an ex body man painter my family owns a pretty large body shop so I get paint at cost and such. Yay for me! And I know the guy mixing it... (my dad) so it will always be consistent.

2006 Viper Red PPG Concept paint and clear

DSC_2412.jpg

DSC_2437.jpg

DSC_2438.jpg

Ab, your posts and site have been an inspiration to me. Thanks for your hard work. You've showed me that a guy with two hands can do that good of work just by paying attention to detail. Hey, I have two hands as well!

I plan to get the 73 Dustpan into this same color.

Inferno Red Crystal Pearl- RH/ARH is the code it says, Not sure if it's correct but it can be found in any body shop book.
4235750342_4a1648c839.jpg

Stock Colors
70_ppg_dodge_1.jpg

Yeah he probably did use something close. But it is really close. To get exact, a spectrometer on the underside of the trunk or you might need another car that has PP1 and that should be able to find the correct hue, chroma, and value of the red your looking for. Then they can mix it with modern colors. You just can't get the original toners.

I'll see if I can get a breakdown for you. I still have the touch up paint.

Thanks everyone for showing such nice cars! redfastback... if you could get a mix that would be awesome... My car was media blasted before I bought it so there isn't enough area for them to use a (profit) scanner... Already went that route but just not enough paint left on the car for that. I was thinking about also just having them mix it into omni, doing a spray out card... then having them scan that and find a mix or chip in current ppg that matches. Funny how they can't mix PP1 but you go to 69 and they can mix R6 no problem.

Someone just painted a barrcuda a lexus red color here, forget who by now but definitely worth checking out, not a mopar color but extremely inpressive color to all.

Not PP1 but almost. Cherry red, a Peugote color from 92-93 I believe.
Did change that homemade exhaust system the last weekend to a TTI x-system with Flowmasters 50-series mufflers. Gave me a nice rumble.

augusti -09 003 - Kopia.jpg

-
Back